25 Million 2008 Sacagaweas?

Old January 12th 09, 06:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
shreadvector

Default 25 Million 2008 Sacagaweas?

They minted almost 25 million 2008 Sacagaweas. That is 3 times the
normal annual production for only Numismatic sales. Has anyone seen a
bunch of these released into normal circulation?

http://www.usmint.gov/about_the_mint... 008#starthere
Old January 12th 09, 06:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

shreadvector wrote:
They minted almost 25 million 2008 Sacagaweas. That is 3 times the
normal annual production for only Numismatic sales. Has anyone seen a
bunch of these released into normal circulation?

http://www.usmint.gov/about_the_mint... 008#starthere

I've not even seen ONE released into circulation, normal or otherwise.

James

Old January 12th 09, 10:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Paul Ciszek

In article ,
Mr. Jaggers lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
shreadvector wrote:
They minted almost 25 million 2008 Sacagaweas. That is 3 times the
normal annual production for only Numismatic sales. Has anyone seen a
bunch of these released into normal circulation?

http://www.usmint.gov/about_the_mint... 008#starthere

I've not even seen ONE released into circulation, normal or otherwise.

The roles of dollar coins that I get from my bank have started to include
Sackies and SBAs (for a while they were just shiny new Presidents) but the
Sackies are old and tarnished.

--
Please reply to: | "Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is
pciszek at panix dot com | indistinguishable from malice."
Old January 12th 09, 10:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
shreadvector

http://www.usmint.gov/about_the_mint...dex.cfm?action...

I've not even seen ONE released into circulation, normal or otherwise.

The roles of dollar coins that I get from my bank have started to include
Sackies and SBAs (for a while they were just shiny new Presidents) but the
Sackies are old and tarnished.

--
Please reply to: * * * * * *| "Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is
pciszek at panix dot com * *| *indistinguishable from malice."
Autoreply is disabled * * * |

I get two boxes a week. The type of box can vary from week to week and
from season to season. For example: for a while I was getting nothing
but mint boxes of Prexibux, primarily because they minted a huge
number of GW$ for the introduction and then started to reduce the
number for each president until they reached a more sustainable level.
I still get a mint rolled (4 x 10) box once in a while but mostly they
are locally rolled and boxed (5 x 8). The boxes sometimes contain mint
rolls of assorted presidents - presumably assembled from loose rolls
from mint boxes opened up when some bank only ordered a smaller number
of rolls from the armored carrier.

The recirculated rolls in the boxes contain a mix of Susies,
Siouxsies, and Prexibux. If the rolls were rolled in 2007, they may
have been sitting and developed a dark patina and the Prexibux will be
fewer and mostly GW or JA. If they were rolled recently they will have
many more Prexibux.

For example: last week I got one box that was obviously rolled and
packed in 2007, but it still only had 15% SBA. The second box was 100%
mint rolls of Madison, Jefferson, JQA and JA. This week I just picked
up 2 boxes and have not searched them yet, except to see the ends and
open one roll. The ends display a wide variety of Presidents including
the most recent, but the roll I opened had a very worn PROOF MVB. You
can tell it's a proof because of the 3 edge lettering seams where the
3 part dies come together and the remains of the frosted raised areas.
Not much mirroring left on the flats. Looks like a 2008 S.

I can't wait to look through the rest.

By the way, for those who have not read this before, I re-roll the
SBAs with the reverse showing on both ends of the rolls and I stamp
the rolls:

RARE APOLLO XI
DOLLAR COINS
FROM THE 1900's

Then I spend them.

No 2007 or 2008 Sacagaweas for regular circulation shreadvector Coins 12 October 26th 07 07:24 PM
2006 Kennedys and Sacagaweas Jud Coins 0 February 26th 06 05:51 AM
Got my 2001-D Sacagaweas Dave Allured Coins 1 June 14th 05 02:23 PM