Do you use dollar coins?

Old July 10th 08, 01:06 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Voltronicus

Default Do you use dollar coins?

There's been a lot of self-righteous hot air blown around in here
about the virtues of dollar coins over dollar bills.
But do those of you who blow the hardest put your money where your
mouth is and actually use dollar coins?
~~
Vote McCain - Not Hussein
Old July 10th 08, 01:33 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_9_]

Voltronicus wrote:
There's been a lot of self-righteous hot air blown around in here
about the virtues of dollar coins over dollar bills.
But do those of you who blow the hardest put your money where your
mouth is and actually use dollar coins?

Now that I can easily obtain them - yes. Prior to the recent US Mint
program my bank would stubbornly refuse to get them for me.

Old July 10th 08, 01:54 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Roger Hunt

In article
s.com, Voltronicus writes
There's been a lot of self-righteous hot air blown around in here
about the virtues of dollar coins over dollar bills.
But do those of you who blow the hardest put your money where your
mouth is and actually use dollar coins?
~~

I don't, never have, and probably never will.
--
Roger Hunt
Old July 10th 08, 01:58 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Arizona Coin Collector

"Voltronicus" wrote in message
There's been a lot of self-righteous hot air blown around in here
about the virtues of dollar coins over dollar bills.
But do those of you who blow the hardest put your money where your
mouth is and actually use dollar coins?
~~

I use them all the time. I can get them at my local Wells Fargo or my Credit
Union. I can also get them by just trading dollars for coins at any 7-11
store,
Quick Trip store, or a Circle K store.

A lot of people use them.

..

Old July 10th 08, 02:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Arizona Coin Collector" wrote in message

"Voltronicus" wrote in message
There's been a lot of self-righteous hot air blown around in here
about the virtues of dollar coins over dollar bills.
But do those of you who blow the hardest put your money where your
mouth is and actually use dollar coins?
~~

I use them all the time. I can get them at my local Wells Fargo or my
Credit
Union. I can also get them by just trading dollars for coins at any 7-11
store,
Quick Trip store, or a Circle K store.

A lot of people use them.

You say you use dollar coins, but are any of them ones you have received in
change.......without asking......... or just some you got at the bank to
spend?

Old July 10th 08, 02:46 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Arizona Coin Collector

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message

"Arizona Coin Collector" wrote in message

"Voltronicus" wrote in message
There's been a lot of self-righteous hot air blown around in here
about the virtues of dollar coins over dollar bills.
But do those of you who blow the hardest put your money where your
mouth is and actually use dollar coins?
~~

I use them all the time. I can get them at my local Wells Fargo or my
Credit
Union. I can also get them by just trading dollars for coins at any 7-11
store,
Quick Trip store, or a Circle K store.

A lot of people use them.

You say you use dollar coins, but are any of them ones you have received
in change.......without asking......... or just some you got at the bank
to spend?

Hello

Most of the time I would get dollars back in change. Many of the clerks
at the store are either trading there own paper money for them to get
out of circulation, (to collect), or let the store return them back to the
bank.

Old July 10th 08, 02:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

[...]

I'll take you at your word, but from your description it sounds like the
store clerks are either pulling and saving any $1 coins for themselves or
returning them to the bank, rather than giving them out in change. I've yet
to find a place that gives them out in change. Even banks don't give them
out, unless a person asks for some.

Old July 10th 08, 03:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Voltronicus

On Jul 9, 9:53*pm, "Bruce Remick" wrote:

I'll take you at your word, but from your description it sounds like the
store clerks are either pulling and saving any $1 coins for themselves or
returning them to the bank, rather than giving them out in change. *I've yet
to find a place that gives them out in change. *Even banks don't give them
out, unless a person asks for some.- Hide quoted text -

My bank doesn't hand out dollar coins in change, I have to ask for
them.
Ditto for deuces.
Old July 10th 08, 06:38 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Michael G. Koerner

Voltronicus wrote:
There's been a lot of self-righteous hot air blown around in here
about the virtues of dollar coins over dollar bills.
But do those of you who blow the hardest put your money where your
mouth is and actually use dollar coins?

I use them as my default $1 for changemaking on my Domino's Pizza delivery
runs. LOTS faster than paper and I have been getting an unusually large
number of KEWL!s and WOW NEAT!s in response from customers lately.

--
___________________________________________ ____ _______________
Regards, | |\ ____
Michael G. Koerner May they | | | | | | rise again!
Appleton, Wisconsin USA | | | | | |
___________________________________________ | | | | | | _______________
Old July 10th 08, 07:35 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Iagos Fool

"Michael G. Koerner" wrote in message
Voltronicus wrote:
There's been a lot of self-righteous hot air blown around in here
about the virtues of dollar coins over dollar bills.
But do those of you who blow the hardest put your money where your
mouth is and actually use dollar coins?

I use them as my default $1 for changemaking on my Domino's Pizza delivery
runs. LOTS faster than paper and I have been getting an unusually large
number of KEWL!s and WOW NEAT!s in response from customers lately.

I use them. I will second the comment that they are much more convenient
than paper bills. Paper becomes a mess in the pockets and counting crumpled
bills out takes forever compared to the coins. I would choose to carry $25
in dollar coins over an equivalent number of bills because the convenience
outweights the weight disadvantage. I wish more businesses would give them
out in change.

IF

100 dollar coins kathy1945 Coins 12 February 24th 07 03:52 PM
New dollar coins phil Coins 35 May 5th 04 12:03 AM
45 coins for a dollar Don Sherman Coins 3 February 28th 04 07:17 PM
Dollar Coins ?SBA/GD Malanutt 4 Life Coins 11 January 12th 04 04:27 PM
Dollar coins George D Coins 1 October 16th 03 02:44 PM