Laurel and Hardy

Old February 16th 06, 09:46 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

Default Laurel and Hardy

Why...here's the boys now.

http://www.funnyfunpages.com/funny_p...urel_hardy.htm

Old February 16th 06, 10:14 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 21:46:46 GMT, "William W Western"
wrote:

Why...here's the boys now.

http://www.funnyfunpages.com/funny_p...urel_hardy.htm snip

What WOULD be funny is Dickhead Cheney shooting Dubya in the ass with
a 28 gauge shotgun! "I'm the guy...burp...who pulled the
trigger...burp"

Alcohol and firearms do not mix. Ask any rangemaster.
Old February 16th 06, 10:43 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

What WOULD be funny is Dickhead Cheney shooting Dubya in the ass with
a 28 gauge shotgun! "I'm the guy...burp...who pulled the
trigger...burp"

Doesn't sound funny. You must be telling it wrong.
Alcohol and firearms do not mix. Ask any rangemaster.

I am amazed at the number of people who go hunting and stick
around when they see the bottles come out. That is my cue to exit. Several
years back I had to start posting my property 50 miles west of Winnipeg - No
Hunting or Trespassing. I was sick and tired of finding beer bottles and
cans along my trail. Other land owners have followed suit, closing down what
was a nice access to Crown Land east of us.

Old February 17th 06, 01:44 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 22:43:41 GMT, "William W Western"
wrote:

I am amazed at the number of people who go hunting and stick
around when they see the bottles come out. That is my cue to exit. snip

QUITE prudent.

Several years back I had to start posting my property 50 miles west of Winnipeg - No
Hunting or Trespassing. I was sick and tired of finding beer bottles and
cans along my trail. Other land owners have followed suit, closing down what
was a nice access to Crown Land east of us. snip

One trip on a deer expedition many moons ago was enough for me. Most
of those guys are a bunch of self-interested jerks who don't follow
established safety procedures and poo-poo the safety of fellow
hunters...as well as property owners. Beer cans and bottles as well
as cigarette packs and butts, along with spent shells, are a sign of a
hunting party being on your property. The trash would **** me off,
but I dutifully collected the .308 shells for reloading. I'm sure
Canadian law is similar to that down here...posting "No Hunting"
exposes them to removal by the local gendarmes.

They also hunt with abandon on public lands, something which almost
put me in a Dick Cheney situation a few years ago. Back before the
National Park Service was allowed the monies to start restoring the
Manzanar Relocation Camp just south of Bishop, CA, I had gone out
there to take a large format photo essay of what was left before the
NPS started its restoration project. There were still bits and pieces
of the tar paper "houses" the Japanese-Americans were forced to live
in, despite the bitter winters and broiling summers of the Owens
Valley, as well as communal utilities, like the water and sewer
systems, but little else, except the still-standing auditorium
building, which is now a museum, and a little bit of the 4800 V
electrical distribution plant, still in use by the Los Angeles
Department of Water and Power to feed a couple of their much-hated
deep wells.

While there, some rather drunken looking clowns were shooting...on
Federal property...with no DayGlo vests, no nothing. One round was
close enough to me to have me hear the slug whizzing by me at close
range. I hit the deck, grabbed the cellular phone, and called the
Inyo County sheriff after considerable fumbling with the lame cell
phone information system. They did come out, round up the hunters,
and found a nearly spent 24 pack of Budweiser, along with several
marijuana roaches, some roach clips, and boxes of .30-06 ammo. They
claimed to have been shooting at rabbits. What idiot would hunt
rabbit with a .30-06?? And within 300 yards of a U.S. highway? With
people in sight? I prodded the DA to press charges for reckless
endangerment, with considerable opposition from their office (being
somewhat of a "gun nut" haven) and let the Feds handle the Federal gun
charges on their own. It turned out one of the "happy hunters" was a
convicted felon on parole, and he went back to the big house. So, my
misfortune probably was a public service, of sorts.

Never got to really see much of Manitoba, except to breeze through on
the Canadian, and to pick up some new motor coaches from MCI back
years ago. The bus job wasn't too wonderful, having set out from the
MCI factory in the dead of January. The interior heating wasn't
sufficient to deal with the -15°C conditions, necessitating long johns
and gloves at all times until I got to Colorado. That was also a
really good "on the job" lesson in driving a commercial vehicle on
sheet ice.

dB