Germany Briefzentrum/postcode correlation

Old December 6th 09, 07:24 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ryan Davenport

Default Germany Briefzentrum/postcode correlation

Peter Baumann wrote:
malcolm schrieb:
Thanks for your help. Would you believe that the only bit of the
postmark missing on 2724 is the bit prior to the rotenburg.There is a
bit after which says,I think,Wumm 1 - or possibly womm 1.

Hi

You can find two towns named "Rotenburg" in Germany - one is named
"Rotenburg ob der Tauber" and one "Rotenburg Wümme". Obviosly your
postmark is "Rotenburg Wümme" postoffice 1.

I'm pretty sure that's "Rothenburg ob der Tauber" - I once spent a
semester as an exchange student in Nuremberg, and Rothenburg was a
popular tourist destination for us in the area, noted as being an
excellent example of a medieval city.
Now "Neustadt", that's something else to try to figure out. That's
kind of like "Springfield" in the USA, there must be 30 different towns
with those names.
I was once trying to find a town named Reichenbach in the area near
the old Canadian forces base in Lahr (Baden-Wurttemberg), and with my
excellent, highly detailed (and long gone) atlas of Germany, found 4
different towns with that name, all within about 30 Km of each other.

Ryan
Old December 6th 09, 12:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Peter Baumann[_2_]

Ryan Davenport schrieb:
Peter Baumann wrote:
malcolm schrieb:
[...]

malcolm wrote
Would you believe that the only bit of the
postmark missing on 2724 is the bit prior to the rotenburg.There is a
bit after which says,I think,Wumm 1 - or possibly womm 1.

That points to Rotenburg Wümme 1, I belive. Or did'nt I get your point?

Peter

Old December 6th 09, 01:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ryan Davenport

Peter Baumann wrote:
Ryan Davenport schrieb:
Peter Baumann wrote:
You can find two towns named "Rotenburg" in Germany - one is named
"Rotenburg ob der Tauber" and one "Rotenburg Wümme". Obviosly your
postmark is "Rotenburg Wümme" postoffice 1.

I'm pretty sure that's "Rothenburg ob der Tauber" - I once spent a
semester as an exchange student in Nuremberg, and Rothenburg was a
popular tourist destination for us in the area, noted as being an
excellent example of a medieval city.

That points to Rotenburg Wümme 1, I belive. Or did'nt I get your point?

Peter

The point was in the spelling - one town named "Rothenburg", one
town named "Rotenburg". (Not both named "Rotenburg".)

Ryan
Old December 6th 09, 05:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Peter Baumann[_2_]

Ryan Davenport schrieb:
Peter Baumann wrote:
Ryan Davenport schrieb:
Peter Baumann wrote:
You can find two towns named "Rotenburg" in Germany - one is named
"Rotenburg ob der Tauber" and one "Rotenburg Wümme". Obviosly your
postmark is "Rotenburg Wümme" postoffice 1.

I'm pretty sure that's "Rothenburg ob der Tauber" - I once spent a
semester as an exchange student in Nuremberg, and Rothenburg was a
popular tourist destination for us in the area, noted as being an
excellent example of a medieval city.

That points to Rotenburg Wümme 1, I belive. Or did'nt I get your point?

Peter

The point was in the spelling - one town named "Rothenburg", one
town named "Rotenburg". (Not both named "Rotenburg".)

Ryan

Right, I mixed that up.

Peter

Germany ID. rodney General Discussion 14 March 6th 09 04:01 AM
Germany: AMG TL General Discussion 20 August 20th 08 03:27 AM
Germany Sc #645 Marios Theodossiou General Discussion 9 November 13th 06 10:45 PM
Germany Sc# 645 Marios Theodossiou Marketplace 0 November 10th 06 03:19 PM
Germany ID please. Rod General Discussion 7 August 9th 06 02:36 AM