`Coin producer' one of the seven worst jobs in history?

Old September 28th 04, 08:42 PM
Ian

Default `Coin producer' one of the seven worst jobs in history?

This link to the UK's very own `Sun' newspaper article was provided to
the Moneta-L discussion list by Ed Snible.

The `actor' concerned in the article will be well known to anyone in the
UK who has ever seen `Blackadder'.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,7-2004442076,00.html

Well worth a read :-)

Ian
Old September 29th 04, 12:07 AM
Byron L. Reed

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 19:42:51 GMT, Ian
wrote:

The `actor' concerned in the article will be well known to anyone in the
UK who has ever seen `Blackadder'.

Is this the guy that runs around on weekend archaeological digs on BBC
America?

I like that show, but he's a pest.

BLReed

To e-mail me, remove the obvious spam trap.
For collector coins and supplies at fair prices: http://tinyurl.com/pt9r
Cool things and Bust Coin Forum: http://www.byronreed.com
Old September 29th 04, 12:33 AM
Jeff R.

"Ian" wrote in message
.. .
This link to the UK's very own `Sun' newspaper article was provided to
the Moneta-L discussion list by Ed Snible.

The `actor' concerned in the article will be well known to anyone in the
UK who has ever seen `Blackadder'.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,7-2004442076,00.html

Well worth a read :-)

Ian

Great link, Ian. Many thanks.
I love the bit about John Cleese's tendency to actually go nuts and *really*
beat Manuel Sachs (he's from Barcelona).

After I saw him laying into his Morris 1100 with a tree branch ("I'm going to
give you the thrashing of your life!") I can believe it, too.

What a great concept - the worst jobs.
I hope it makes it here.

--
Jeff

Old September 29th 04, 04:45 AM
George V Huse Jr

http://video.barnesandnoble.com/sear...46&frm=0&itm=1

saved92 wrote:
blackadder is one of the greatest series ever but sadly doesn't come on here
anymore
"Jeff R." wrote in message
u...

"Ian" wrote in message

This link to the UK's very own `Sun' newspaper article was provided to
the Moneta-L discussion list by Ed Snible.

The `actor' concerned in the article will be well known to anyone in the
UK who has ever seen `Blackadder'.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,7-2004442076,00.html

Well worth a read :-)

Ian

Great link, Ian. Many thanks.
I love the bit about John Cleese's tendency to actually go nuts and

*really*

beat Manuel Sachs (he's from Barcelona).

After I saw him laying into his Morris 1100 with a tree branch ("I'm going

give you the thrashing of your life!") I can believe it, too.

What a great concept - the worst jobs.
I hope it makes it here.

--
Jeff

--
Buzz Huse, MCSE+I, MCSE Iter Sine Fine (Journey Without End)

"These opinions/comments are entirely my own and no one else's."
Old September 29th 04, 09:07 AM
Ian

wrote:

The `actor' concerned in the article will be well known to anyone in the
UK who has ever seen `Blackadder'.

Is this the guy that runs around on weekend archaeological digs on BBC
America?

I like that show, but he's a pest.

BLReed

To e-mail me, remove the obvious spam trap.
For collector coins and supplies at fair prices: http://tinyurl.com/pt9r
Cool things and Bust Coin Forum: http://www.byronreed.com

One and the same.

He was much better playing the part of Baldrick in `Blackadder'. :-)

Ian
Old September 29th 04, 09:09 AM
Ian

Jeff R. wrote:

"Ian" wrote in message
.. .

This link to the UK's very own `Sun' newspaper article was provided to
the Moneta-L discussion list by Ed Snible.

The `actor' concerned in the article will be well known to anyone in the
UK who has ever seen `Blackadder'.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,7-2004442076,00.html

Well worth a read :-)

Ian

Great link, Ian. Many thanks.
I love the bit about John Cleese's tendency to actually go nuts and *really*
beat Manuel Sachs (he's from Barcelona).

After I saw him laying into his Morris 1100 with a tree branch ("I'm going to
give you the thrashing of your life!") I can believe it, too.

What a great concept - the worst jobs.
I hope it makes it here.

--
Jeff

what video format do you use in Oz?

Ian
Old September 29th 04, 09:23 AM
Jeff R.

"Ian" wrote in message

what video format do you use in Oz?

Ian

Not sure about Dorothy and the cowardly lion, but the rest of us use PAL-B
However, of late most video/TV and DVD/TV combinations can happily handle NTSC
or just about anything else. My DVD players are certainly all-region
multi-format.

Broadcast is PAL-B, though.

--
Wicked Jeff of the South

Old September 29th 04, 10:11 AM
Ian

Jeff R. wrote:

"Ian" wrote in message

what video format do you use in Oz?

Ian

Not sure about Dorothy and the cowardly lion, but the rest of us use PAL-B
However, of late most video/TV and DVD/TV combinations can happily handle NTSC
or just about anything else. My DVD players are certainly all-region
multi-format.

Broadcast is PAL-B, though.

--
Wicked Jeff of the South

Well, just click your heels three times (while wearing your best ruby
red slippers of course) and when the programme launches here, i'll
forward you the domestic copy I am entitled to make for reviewing at my
own leisure.

Ian
Old September 29th 04, 10:20 AM
Jeff R.

"Ian" wrote in message
. ..

Well, just click your heels three times (while wearing your best ruby
red slippers of course) and when the programme launches here, i'll
forward you the domestic copy I am entitled to make for reviewing at my
own leisure.

Ian

Whoo-hoo!
....and I shall be delighted to view and review it for bona fide educational
purposes.

Thanks Ian.

You couldn't make the cloud go away so I could have a peek at the asteroid
Toutatis, could you?

--
JR
(always grizzling)