stanley gibbons online

Old May 1st 12, 11:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pedro

Default stanley gibbons online

Hello all,
I wanted to know if there exist a web site where I can browse images of
Great Britain stamps identified by their Stanley Gibbons code.

Thanks,
Pedro

Old May 2nd 12, 04:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Pedro" wrote in message
Hello all,
I wanted to know if there exist a web site where I can browse images of
Great Britain stamps identified by their Stanley Gibbons code.

Here is an article about top 5 free stamp catalogues online:

http://www.stampcollectingblog.com/b...p-catalogs.php

--
Victor Manta, PWO, AIJP

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

Old May 4th 12, 09:01 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pedro

After searching for some time on Google I found a decent one with Yvert,
Scott and SG numbers.
I expected somebody knew of a good one and could help just to save time.

Thanks anyway
Pedro

Old May 5th 12, 06:52 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre COURTIADE[_6_]

Pedro wrote (2 May at 00:04) :

Hello all,
I wanted to know if there exist a web site where I can browse images
of Great Britain stamps identified by their Stanley Gibbons code.

Thanks,
Pedro

Then he added (4 May at 22:01) :

After searching for some time on Google I found a decent one with
Yvert, Scott and SG numbers.
I expected somebody knew of a good one and could help just to save
time.
Thanks anyway
Pedro

Hi Pedro,

Y're welcome ;-)
I would be interested as well !

In order to save my time, I would like to know the url of the site
on GB stamps identified with Yvert, Scott and SG numbers that
you have found.

--
Cheers,
Pierre Courtiade

to answer me, please replace NOSPAM by my family name

Old May 5th 12, 02:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Pierre COURTIADE" wrote in message
Pedro wrote (2 May at 00:04) :

Hello all,
I wanted to know if there exist a web site where I can browse images
of Great Britain stamps identified by their Stanley Gibbons code.

Then he added (4 May at 22:01) :

After searching for some time on Google I found a decent one with
Yvert, Scott and SG numbers.
I expected somebody knew of a good one and could help just to save
time.
Thanks anyway
Pedro

Hi Pedro,

Y're welcome ;-)
I would be interested as well !

In order to save my time, I would like to know the url of the site on GB
stamps identified with Yvert, Scott and SG numbers that you have found.

The sites described in the article that I proposed in this thread have all
some limitations, that's why I understand that they weren't helpful to Pedro
and why he didn't reacted to my attempt to help him.

For the same reason as Pierre's I would be interested to learn from Pedro
about the better site he found, and I am eager to browse through the images
presented on it.

Old May 5th 12, 02:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Victor Manta" wrote in message

The sites described in the article that I proposed in this thread have all
some limitations, that's why I understand that they weren't helpful to
Pedro and why he didn't reacted to my attempt to help him.

Correction, sorry:
he hasn't reacted

For Sir F.A. Rian: This is an example of a simple error that the MS Word
speller, as well as the one found in my e-mail client cannot catch (yet?)

--
Victor

Old May 5th 12, 05:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Billns

On 5/5/2012 6:42 AM, Victor Manta wrote:
"Victor Manta" wrote in message

The sites described in the article that I proposed in this thread have
all some limitations, that's why I understand that they weren't
helpful to Pedro and why he didn't reacted to my attempt to help him.

Correction, sorry:
he hasn't reacted

For Sir F.A. Rian: This is an example of a simple error that the MS Word
speller, as well as the one found in my e-mail client cannot catch (yet?)

A spell checker only checks individual words. MS Word also includes a
grammar checker, which should pick up errors like this one, but doesn't
catch all of them. Homonyms (words that sound the same but are spelled
differently) are especially tough to catch.

Bill
Old May 5th 12, 08:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Billns" wrote in message
On 5/5/2012 6:42 AM, Victor Manta wrote:
"Victor Manta" wrote in message

The sites described in the article that I proposed in this thread have
all some limitations, that's why I understand that they weren't
helpful to Pedro and why he didn't reacted to my attempt to help him.

Correction, sorry:
he hasn't reacted

A spell checker only checks individual words. MS Word also includes a
grammar checker, which should pick up errors like this one, but doesn't
catch all of them. Homonyms (words that sound the same but are spelled
differently) are especially tough to catch.

Bill

The grammar checker in my MS Word 2003 (SP3) is always on (btw, by
default).

In the above case it couldn't catch this obvious error. C'est la vie.

--
Victor

Old May 10th 12, 02:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

Pedro wrote (2 May at 00:04) :

Hello all,
I wanted to know if there exist a web site where I can browse images
of Great Britain stamps identified by their Stanley Gibbons code.

Thanks,
Pedro

Then he added (4 May at 22:01) :

After searching for some time on Google I found a decent one with
Yvert, Scott and SG numbers.
I expected somebody knew of a good one and could help just to save
time.
Thanks anyway
Pedro

Hi Pedro,

Y're welcome ;-)
I would be interested as well !

In order to save my time, I would like to know the url of the site on GB
stamps identified with Yvert, Scott and SG numbers that you have found.

No answer from Pedro in sight, apparently, this after 5 days passed since
Pierre posted his request (see above). Hopefully nothing unexpected happened
to Pedro meanwhile.

Being interested in philatelic websites and in their evolution, I wanted to
know how developed Pedro's site since 2009, when he asked for help on this
ng, help that was largely provided. I found only this page:

http://www.telefonica.net/web2/pcm2009/stamps/main.html

The following on this page seems rather strange to me: "I hope you'll find
this webpages useful and I will appreciate any comments about them or their
contents.", for a website with only one page, and that has practically no
contents, excepting for the rather large publicity on the bottom of it. Have
I perhaps missed a link somewhere on this page?

This is my comment, and I can only hope that it will be appreciated, as
stated on the page itself.

Old May 13th 12, 06:47 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre COURTIADE[_6_]

Victor Manta wrote :

No answer from Pedro in sight, apparently, this after 5 days passed
since Pierre posted his request (see above). Hopefully nothing
unexpected happened to Pedro meanwhile.

Hi Victor,

You see, it happens quite frequently : some people are very keen to ask
for help but they would never condescend to help somebody else ...

Being interested in philatelic websites and in their evolution, I
wanted to know how developed Pedro's site since 2009, when he asked
for help on this ng, help that was largely provided. I found only
this page:
http://www.telefonica.net/web2/pcm2009/stamps/main.html

BTW, if you go to this url :
http://www.telefonica.net/web2/pcm2009/stamps/
you will see on the left links the other pages.

--
All the best,