Ukraine ID.

Old September 21st 09, 10:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default Ukraine ID.

Revenue?
Also, what is the currency name on this label?
http://cjoint.com/data/jvxOc20Jty.htm

Thanks.

Old September 21st 09, 11:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Peter Baumann[_2_]

rodney schrieb:
Revenue?
Also, what is the currency name on this label?
http://cjoint.com/data/jvxOc20Jty.htm

Thanks.

Rodney, you were nearly right. In fact it is Western Ukaine. One in a
serie of 29 issues. They were prepared for issue in mid 1919, but in
july 1919 Western Ukraine were occupied by Poland, so they remained
unissued.
This serie of 12, including yours, have a catalogue value of 500 Euro
for Mint condition.

Peter
Old September 22nd 09, 02:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Thank you Peter,
this time I did check my SG spec catalogue,
and Western Ukraine, but they were not listed.
I knew it had to be in the near vicinity, I know the Tryzub
but the lion on the motif, and the apparent currency name threw me.
Lets hope I find the other 11
rodney

Old September 22nd 09, 03:05 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Some stamps from Western Ukraine
http://cjoint.com/data/jwedjweTTA.htm

"rodney"

Old September 22nd 09, 05:30 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

--

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Uk...Postage_stamps
Old September 22nd 09, 05:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ryan Davenport

rodney wrote:
Revenue?
Also, what is the currency name on this label?
http://cjoint.com/data/jvxOc20Jty.htm

I Googled the word "sotikiv" and came up with almost nothing, but
there was this article. It claims the stamps come from Easy Ukraine,
not West Ukraine. Scroll down to the part mentioning Abraham Slopak.

http://www.numismaster.com/ta/numis/...ArticleId=5520

Ryan
Old September 22nd 09, 06:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Sep 22, 12:02*pm, Ryan Davenport wrote:
rodney wrote:
Revenue?
Also, what is the currency name on this label?
http://cjoint.com/data/jvxOc20Jty.htm

* * *I Googled the word "sotikiv" and came up with almost nothing, but
there was this article. *It claims the stamps come from Easy Ukraine,
not West Ukraine. *Scroll down to the part mentioning Abraham Slopak.

http://www.numismaster.com/ta/numis/...cle&ArticleId=....

* * *Ryan

Ryan:
Is Easy Ukraine East of Difficult Ukraine and
East Ukraine East of West Ukraine?

38*P

Blair
Old September 22nd 09, 09:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Wow. that adds a slice of mystery to the label, Ryan.
Thanks for passing on the link.
Fascinating stuff.
I am doubtful as to "winged angel", what is an angel doing with a sword?
Western Ukraine tends to make more sense with regards the Lion rampant
as it is closely related to the Russian arms.