Shipping to Ukraine - Advice Needed

Old April 30th 07, 05:24 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Richard Thouin

Default Shipping to Ukraine - Advice Needed

Hi
I know this subject was discussed some time ago, but I could not find
the thread again.

My conundrum is I sold a stamp album on ebay. The buyer is from
Ukraine, has only been on ebay for a few days and has a feedback of 3.
The album is quite heavy, more than 10 lbs, so shipping will be
expensive, between $65 and $250 depending on method.

I do not want to make the assumption that the bid is fraudulent, but I
want to be protected in the event it is. I am reluctant to accept
payment through PayPal because of the possibility of chargebacks.

Is there a safe way to ship and be paid or do I just cancel the bid and
forget about it?

Thanks in advance for your input.
Richard

Old April 30th 07, 06:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
ArthurFranks

First, contact the buyer, and advise him that SHIPPING WILL BE
COMPLETELY AT HIS RISK. Most postal authorities refuse any compensation for
losses to countries in eastern Europe [USPS,Canpost,Royal Mail,DeutschePost]

Ask him to recommend a shipping service which HE TRUSTS, and costs.

Do not ship anything before payment in full including shipping, is received IN
CASH.

Apparently people in Ukraine are using the "Nigerian Scam" using counterfeit
and stolen bank drafts and money orders!

Hope this helps.

Old April 30th 07, 07:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Milco

On Apr 30, 6:24 pm, Richard Thouin /invalid wrote:
Hi
I know this subject was discussed some time ago, but I could not find
the thread again.

My conundrum is I sold a stamp album on ebay. The buyer is from
Ukraine, has only been on ebay for a few days and has a feedback of 3.
The album is quite heavy, more than 10 lbs, so shipping will be
expensive, between $65 and $250 depending on method.

I will suggest just to made direct contact with person that purchased
it!!!!
250$ is lot even in USA, and also 65$ is not small too.

I think (if it is like in Israel), owner will need to pay also Ukraina
taxes - and if (even that I think, that in Ukraina, who purchase
material from abroad, have $) owner prefer to pay all expenses, ask
first for money (Pay Pal, Western Union) - that will be best option.

If owner is ordinary collector (not dealer) - he will accept "snail-
mail", time delivery will be less important.

But again - first contact him.

best regards
Chastven Miloje
http://balkanstamp.blogspot.com
http://serbiastamp.blogspot.com

Old May 1st 07, 05:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Richard Thouin

In article .com,
Milco wrote:

[...]

Thanks to all who responded for their useful suggestions.

Richard

Advice Needed renster General Discussion 11 July 27th 04 12:25 PM
Advice Needed Sam Hess Coins 8 July 15th 04 10:25 PM
Help or advice needed John Books 0 July 14th 04 08:40 PM
Advice needed on mounting and shipping stamps Barry Kramer General Discussion 3 January 11th 04 10:12 PM
Need advice for shipping a set of books Flax Pond Books Books 9 November 12th 03 07:14 PM