Any oldtimers around?

Old November 3rd 17, 11:34 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Peter Irwin

Default Any oldtimers around?

wrote:
Not certain if I am in the 'old timers' club.
Look in a couple of times per year. All I see are people trying
to sell Charles & Diana copper-nickel crowns for thirty-five
dollars apiece. Worth thirty-five cents.

There are a bunch of us here then. All we need to do is start talking
about coins again.

Has anyone in the US gone to the bank recently to search for
silver halves? Or anything else for that matter?

I bought a 1787 no hearts sixpence from Frank Robinson recently.
I paid a bit more than my old copy of Krause said was reasonable,
but I trust him as a dealer who never overcharges, so I don't
worry too much.

Peter.

Old November 10th 17, 05:35 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Provasek[_3_]

On Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 11:38:15 AM UTC-5, Richard L. Hall wrote:
Just checking if any oldfimers are still around

Richard

Been attending about 15 shows a year since 2015.
Old November 12th 17, 03:28 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Anka Z

On Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 6:58:38 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wednesday, October 4, 2017 at 4:25:01 PM UTC-5, Anka Z wrote:
On Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 12:38:15 PM UTC-4, Richard L. Hall wrote:
Just checking if any oldfimers are still around

Richard

I just happened to come across this site. Amazing! I'm still here!

Hi, Stujoe!

That is amazing!

Hi Anka!

OMG! This just goes to show you how INFREQUENTLY I check Google groups. It's been almost 5 months since we've exchanges hellos! I was cleaning my drawers here the other day and found a letter dated 2005 from Jerry Dennis (remember him?) with a baseball card of Tommy John enclosed... and some beautiful enameled pins with our RCC motto SEMPITERNITER engraved. I forget who had them made, but they're quite nice.

How've you been? Still collecting?

~Anka/Ann

By the way, Reid is on Facebook! YIKES!
Old November 12th 17, 03:38 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Anka Z

On Saturday, October 28, 2017 at 9:29:27 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 12:38:15 PM UTC-4, Richard L. Hall wrote:
Just checking if any oldfimers are still around

Richard

Hi, Doc. I'm still here, but like everyone else, our beloved RCC seems to be dead. Just for nostalgia's sake I pull up some of the old posts and stories. It brings back some fond memories. Ah, for the good old days.

Jerry

Hi, Jerry!

Just saw this reply of yours! Check out my post (below)... You are mentioned! ~Anka
Old November 22nd 17, 01:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

On Saturday, November 11, 2017 at 9:28:53 PM UTC-5, Anka Z wrote:
[...]

Hi, Ann. I'm still here, too! Like the rest, not much action anymore. I pop in just to see what's happening, and it inevitably centers around "Where is everybody?" LOL!

Jerry
Old November 23rd 17, 06:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

On Wednesday, November 22, 2017 at 6:14:02 AM UTC-6, wrote:
[...]

I check in, but rarely. Always resist temptation to post, but not today after seeing some of the names. I have sold my Dairy Queen after 38 years. Retired. I attend five different coin club meetings each month within a 90 mile radius of my home, plus an occasional coin show. Happy Thanksgiving.

Bill Krummel
Old December 12th 17, 08:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Paul Robertz

I check in, but rarely. Always resist temptation to post, but not today after seeing some of the names. I have sold my Dairy Queen after 38 years. Retired. I attend five different coin club meetings each month within a 90 mile radius of my home, plus an occasional coin show. Happy Thanksgiving.

Bill Krummel

Hi Bill! (You purchased a few Barber Dimes from me when this group was very active). I hadn't checked in here for a few years. It's good to see some familiar names here.
Old January 9th 18, 09:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

On Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 12:38:15 PM UTC-4, Richard L. Hall wrote:
Just checking if any oldfimers are still around

Richard

I stop in every once in a while. Haven't really posted since 2001, but been in the newsgroup since 1992.

Pbxaviery