Photo of Roland King-Farlow?

Old March 1st 12, 04:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Toke Nørby

Default Photo of Roland King-Farlow?

Most of you have heard about this famous philatelist (1907-1974).
I need a photo of him but can't find one. Can any of you help, please?
Mvh
Toke
--

Læs om "Skivearket" og "Skibsgrisens Flugt"
eller om Klasselotteriets inspektører 1753-2010:
Old March 1st 12, 06:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir F.A. Rien

On Thu, 01 Mar 2012 16:05:35 +0100, Toke Nørby
sharpened a crayon and wrote:

Most of you have heard about this famous philatelist (1907-1974).
I need a photo of him but can't find one. Can any of you help, please?
Mvh
Toke

If you recognise him, this may help?
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/mgcc/sf/990812.htm

Wouldn't one of the societies have a picture of him, perhaps the RPS?

Old March 2nd 12, 12:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Toke Nørby

Sir F.A. Rien wrote:

On Thu, 01 Mar 2012 16:05:35 +0100, Toke Nørby
sharpened a crayon and wrote:

Most of you have heard about this famous philatelist (1907-1974).
I need a photo of him but can't find one. Can any of you help, please?
Mvh
Toke

If you recognise him, this may help?
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/mgcc/sf/990812.htm

Wouldn't one of the societies have a picture of him, perhaps the RPS?

Thanks much! The RPS don't have and not even his niece Susan Oliver in
UK have one - at least she can't find one.

I haven't asked the APS but I asked the editor at Linns (Michel
Baadke) but he hasn't answered back yet. I hope that Linns have a pile
of photos of famous philatelists.

I have never seen a photo of him but I'll show it to Susan. She can
recognize him for sure.

Thanks again :-)
Mvh
Toke

Old March 2nd 12, 04:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir F.A. Rien

On Fri, 02 Mar 2012 12:58:57 +0100, Toke Nørby

Sir F.A. Rien wrote:

[...]

If the racing club is still in existance, perhaps that might also be a
source.

It's amazing how many 'famous' people as nearly invisible. Having
problems with information about some of the Committee for the 1890
Penny Postage Jubilee!
Old March 2nd 12, 09:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Toke Nørby

Sir F.A. Rien wrote:

...snip

If the racing club is still in existance, perhaps that might also be a
source.

Yes, I'll try that if Susan Oliver can't find her photo. She confirmed
that RK-F is the person in front. And she sometimes helped him but
that was "much more boring than looking at his stamp collection" :-)

It's amazing how many 'famous' people as nearly invisible. Having
problems with information about some of the Committee for the 1890
Penny Postage Jubilee!

Agree - it's a hard job to find all the people we would like to have
in our "book".

Thanks again for your kind help.
Toke

Old March 8th 12, 10:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Toke Nørby

Sir F.A. Rien wrote:

If the racing club is still in existance, perhaps that might also be a
source.

It's still there - but don't answer e-mails :-)
Mvh
Toke

RIP Duane Roland Craig Autographs 0 June 26th 06 10:35 PM
Winchester of Roland Garros Ignace de Witte General 0 June 3rd 05 03:50 AM
Winchester of Roland Garros Ignace de Witte General 0 June 3rd 05 03:48 AM
Winchester of Roland Garros Ignace de Witte General 0 June 3rd 05 03:45 AM
ROland Emmerich Succcess Clake13 Autographs 0 March 8th 04 09:02 PM