So close!!!

Old February 6th 05, 03:49 PM
RF

Default So close!!!

I received a Fed Res Note yesterday, and ALMOST had a keeper serial number
on it...
it was:
L22114473d

It was pretty well circulated, not really worn tho..
Had it been 22114477, it would have been a keeper.. BUT NOOOOOO!!!

Well, maybe next time!
(I know that even if it had all pairs in a row, it would be worth only a
buck, but still I would have kept it..)

Sam F.

Old February 7th 05, 03:44 AM
Bobby Shaw

I seem to be getting quite a number of $1 star notes in the last couple of
weeks. Someone in my area must be dumping them into circulation... Either
that, or the BEP is making a bunch more mistakes!

Bobby

Old February 7th 05, 03:46 AM
John Patrick

Bobby Shaw wrote:
I seem to be getting quite a number of $1 star notes in the last
couple of weeks. Someone in my area must be dumping them into
circulation... Either that, or the BEP is making a bunch more
mistakes!

Bobby

My star notes come in spurts. Some times I can go weeks with
any, then 3 or 4 in a couple of weeks.

Same with older (pre 1995) notes, or those "interesting" serial
numbers. Best serial number find was 7764 7777 back in early
January.

But, we keep looking, don't we?

(If you want to trade star notes, let me know! I have extras.)

John

Old February 8th 05, 03:47 AM
Bobby Shaw

"John Patrick" wrote in message
Bobby Shaw wrote:
I seem to be getting quite a number of $1 star notes in the last
couple of weeks. Someone in my area must be dumping them into
circulation... Either that, or the BEP is making a bunch more
mistakes!

Bobby

My star notes come in spurts. Some times I can go weeks with
any, then 3 or 4 in a couple of weeks.

Same with older (pre 1995) notes, or those "interesting" serial
numbers. Best serial number find was 7764 7777 back in early
January.

But, we keep looking, don't we?

(If you want to trade star notes, let me know! I have extras.)

John

I don't "collect" notes per se... just gather anything interesting that
happens to show up in change.... that goes for star notes as well... So, I
have no need to trade for anything.... BUT, if you do, I'd be happy to trade
out anything I have that you need. Here's what I have in my collection:

$1 notes
1999 series
C 02526702 * -- AU
C 18594571 * -- AU
H 06586260 * -- AU
J 03643290 * -- XF
L 10231483 * -- XF

2001 series
F 09405948 * -- CU
H 00134636 * -- CU

2003 series
G 02375030 * -- CU
G 02375031 * -- CU

I found several others, including a $10 note, but they were more circulated
and spent them. If you are interested in any of these, let me know!

Bobby

Old February 8th 05, 10:15 PM
RF

"Bobby Shaw" wrote...

[...]

I have a few neat serials also..

$1
1963A (RADAR)
F 81311318 B

1977 (RADAR)
F 02633620 B

1969B (RADAR)
B 94000049 A

1957A (another close but no cigar serial..)
K 55667277 A

I also have the Brother to one of yours.. Wonder where I got it?? hehe..

1999
L 10231482 * (From Bobby)
L 01499567 * (From Winwin)

$2