"Postmark could help prove rare stamps are authentic" (Hawaiian Missionary stamps)

Old August 31st 06, 05:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Jan Doggen

Default "Postmark could help prove rare stamps are authentic" (Hawaiian Missionary stamps)

"Two philatelic experts have announced a discovery that seems likely to
renew one of the longest-running controversies among stamp collectors.

Ken Lawrence and Richard Celler, both respected for their expertise in
19th-century stamps, have found evidence that a group of stamps long held to
be fakes may be genuine and potentially worth as much as $10 million"

Story at
http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/08/18/news/stamps.php

Bye
Jan

Old September 1st 06, 07:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Droger Jean-Paul

you have better news on this question in APS newspaper from August (or
perhaps july)

have a nice day.

--
Pour m'envoyer un mail, remplacer anti par droger et manama par
wanadoo; to send me directly a mail replace anti with droger and manama

Old September 1st 06, 08:10 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Droger Jean-Paul" wrote in message
you have better news on this question in APS newspaper from August (or
perhaps july)

have a nice day.

Bonjour

Could you put here a link, please (as Jan did - many thanks to him) or, if
it's not online, tell us shortlly what are the better news about? TIA

--
Victor Manta

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

Old September 1st 06, 08:36 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Droger Jean-Paul

Après mûre réflexion, Victor Manta a écrit :
"Droger Jean-Paul" wrote in message
you have better news on this question in APS newspaper from August (or
perhaps july)

have a nice day.

Bonjour

Could you put here a link, please (as Jan did - many thanks to him) or, if
it's not online, tell us shortlly what are the better news about? TIA

it is not on line, it is for APS members, but now I don't found this
news paper!

I have not found this on stamps.org (APS pages) but some one has
perhaps a scan? If I remember this are 3 pages about this story! When
I'll find this newspaper, I'll make a scan for me, and for all friend
that ask it directly by mail (my english is not good enough to bring
you here a summary ou 15/20 lines!

Old September 1st 06, 02:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

Droger Jean-Paul wrote:
(my english is not good enough to bring
you here a summary ou 15/20 lines!

Jean-Paul:

Si vous voulez poster sur FRP en francais,
je peux traduire pour les gens ici.

Blair

Old September 1st 06, 02:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

If anyone is interested in a more detailed discussion
about these Hawaii missionary stamps (in English) ,
please see:

http://www.rfrajola.com/grinnells/grinnells.htm

Also, Linns Stamp News had a two full page story
including the full front page) on them. - August 26, 2006

Blair

Old September 3rd 06, 01:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Jeffry L. Johnson

On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 09:48:27 -0400, Blair (TC) wrote
(in article . com):

http://www.rfrajola.com/grinnells/grinnells.htm

Also, Linns Stamp News had a two full page story
including the full front page) on them. - August 26, 2006

Ken Lawrence's full article is in the 2006 October issue of _Scott Stamp
Monthly_, 24:10 pp26-33.