Anyone have info on Mexico's new 1000 peso?

Old November 2nd 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Owen W. Linzmayer

Default Anyone have info on Mexico's new 1000 peso?

Someone forwarded to me a photo that appears to show a new 1000 peso note
from Mexico, but I have not found any supporting information online. Does
anyone have more info to share on this subject?

Old November 2nd 06, 06:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Christian Feldhaus

Owen W. Linzmayer wrote:

Someone forwarded to me a photo that appears to show a new 1000 peso note
from Mexico, but I have not found any supporting information online. Does
anyone have more info to share on this subject?

Hmm, strange. According to the central bank, the new $1000 note won't be
issued before 2008:

| El orden en el que se estima iniciarála puesta en circulación de cada
| denominación es el siguiente:
| - $50 en 2006
| - $20 en 2007
| - $200 y $1000 en 2008
| - $100 y $500 en 2009
http://www.banxico.com.mx/billetesym...tes_FabCaractH
is/presentaciones/NuevaFamBilletes26sep06.pdf
(or)
http://tinylink.com/?uA0RF5Cb5T

Also, judging from this article ...
http://www.omnia.com.mx/noticias/33095/chihuahua/
.... it seems to me that, with one exception ($500), the basic design
features will not be changed.

Christian
Old November 2nd 06, 06:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Owen W. Linzmayer

Christian,

Thanks for the info. That clarifies things a bit.

The PDF says that the new $50 will be released in 2006. Do you know if that
has come to pass already?

The photo that was sent to me shows a redesigned $1000. It still features
the same portrait, but overall the look is quite different than the current
note.

On 11/2/06 9:33 AM, in article
, "Christian Feldhaus"

Old November 2nd 06, 08:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Christian Feldhaus

Owen W. Linzmayer wrote:

The PDF says that the new $50 will be released in 2006. Do you know if that
has come to pass already?

Not sure - I'm in Germany, and only remembered that "new money" story
mainly because of the new $50 polymer note and the new/different sizes.
Thus no first hand experience, sorry. But according to the PDF file that
one should be out soon:

| El primer billete de esta familia que se pondrá en circulación será el
| de 50 pesos. Estimamos que se iniciará su emisión en el mes de
| noviembre del presente año, lo cual se informará en su momento
| mediante un boletín de prensa.

Well, "the month of November" is still young g, and at least at the
Banxico site I have not seen the press release that they plan to publish
once the note has been issued. So ...

Christian
Old November 3rd 06, 12:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Owen W. Linzmayer

Thanks for info. I haven't had time to read the PDF in full and missed that
November 2006 date for the new 50 peso. Looking forward to expanding my
polymer collection with all the new notes from south of the border.

On 11/2/06 11:13 AM, in article
, "Christian Feldhaus"