RIP Joe Barbera ( Hanna - Barbera)

Old December 19th 06, 12:44 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
pe2

Default RIP Joe Barbera ( Hanna - Barbera)

A sad loss, boo boo...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061218/...t/obit_barbera

Old December 19th 06, 12:06 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
casdon

Exit stage left

Old December 19th 06, 03:48 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Luckily, I have Hanna and Barbera sigs on a cel (Droopy). They
created so many interesting characters....here's a small list:

Flintstones, Jetsons, Huckleberry Hound, Yogi Bear, Jonny Quest, Wacky
Races, Scooby-Doo, Smurfs, Quick Draw McGraw, Top Cat, Jonny Quest,
Josie and the Pussycats, Tom and Jerry, Loopy De Loop, Wally Gator,
The Magilla Gorilla Show, The Hillbilly Bears, The Atom Ant/Secret
Squirrel Show, Squiddly Diddly, The Peter Potamus Show, Space Ghost,
Birdman and the Galaxy Trio, The Herculoids, Banana Splits, Wacky
Races, The Harlem Globetrotters, The Funky Phantom, Hair Bear Bunch!,
Pebbles & Bamm-Bamm, Sealab 2020, The Amazing Chan and the Chan Clan,
Charlotte's Web, The Addams Family, Hong Kong Phooey, New Tom &
Jerry/Grape Ape, Jabberjaw, Laff-a-Lympics, Captain Caveman and the
Teen Angels, Popeye, The Richie Rich/Scooby and Scrappy-Doo Show,
Pound Puppies, The Completely Mental Misadventures of Ed Grimley

Less classic shows (at least for me) we The Snorks, Pac-Man, The
Dukes of Hazzard, Shirt Tales, Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley, Mork
and Mindy, Challenge of the GoBots, Galtar and the Golden Lance, Paw
Paw Bears, Fantastic Max, and Midnight Patrol, Captain Caveman, Tiny
Toon Adventures and Animaniacs. Tom and Jerry Kids, Captain Planet, 2
Stupid Dogs, SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron, What-A-Cartoon! Show,
Dexter's Laboratory, Johnny Bravo, Cow and Chicken, The Powerpuff
Girls

There were so many more spin-off's too of Yogi, Scooby, Jetsons,
Flintstones.

It's so sad; we've lost all the big legends now (Schultz,
Hanna/Barbera, Dr. Seuss, Walt Disney,

We still have some like Marc Davis, Mort Walker, Jim Davis etc, but
most of the biggies are indeed gone now.

On 19 Dec 2006 04:06:01 -0800, "casdon" wrote:

Exit stage left

Old December 19th 06, 04:03 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Oh yeah, we lost Jay Ward too in the late 80's I think and Mel Blanc.
All related to those classics... I feel like we've lost a time of
innocence.

Old December 19th 06, 04:06 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
casdon

Reading this list brought back fond memories of Saturday Morning's
cartoon watching .Some of favorites were Quck Draw McGraw(El
Kabong)Secret Squirrel,
Johnny Quest and Banana Splits Too bad they don't make them like
these anymore.

pe2 wrote:
A sad loss, boo boo...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061218/...t/obit_barbera

Jack Hanna Williamsburg Sue H Autographs 7 May 1st 06 02:07 PM
FS: 1994 Cardz "Hanna Barbera Classics" 60-Card Set J.R. Sinclair Cards:- non-sport 0 March 31st 06 11:52 AM
Jack Hanna? Sue H Autographs 4 September 2nd 05 03:34 AM
FS: 1994 Cardz "Hanna Barbera Classics" 60-Card Set J.R. Sinclair Cards:- non-sport 0 September 3rd 04 06:55 AM
FS: 1994 Cardz "Hanna Barbera Classics" 6-Card Set J.R. Sinclair Cards:- non-sport 0 January 18th 04 07:04 AM