Album recommendations?

Old November 3rd 06, 01:08 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

Default Album recommendations?

I've dug out my stamp collections from when I was a kid and would like
to take up the hobby again. I'm mostly interested in pre-1930s US and
pre-1920s German stamps. Are there any commercially available albums
that you might recommend?
Thanks!
Tom
Old November 3rd 06, 12:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
John Mycroft

Welcome back
I don't know about the US but, for Germany, I use Schaubek albums along
with one I have made myself (for blocks etc). Schaubek has the
advantage of being in Michel catalog order and, in general, I think
their pages have more white space than Scott's so that you can find
somewhere to mount interesting cancellations, different shades etc.
Neither manufacturer leaves enough room for stamps on piece, though -
hence my handwritten second album.

I don't know if any company produces an album for combinations - they
are so many and varied that I've found the only way to handle them is
with stock sheets of various sizes.

Cheers - John
Old November 5th 06, 02:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

Thanks for the suggestions, John!
Tom

Old November 8th 06, 12:40 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
A.J Todd

AlbumGen is easy too, even for me!

tt