(RCSD) Scott numbers are still strange

Old August 20th 07, 09:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

Default (RCSD) Scott numbers are still strange

Playing with the US definitives I notice that the Tiffany Lamp of
March 1, 2003 has Scott number 3758 (renumbered from 3757) while the
March 16, 2007 version is numbered 3749.
Another strange one (to me) is the October 22, 1996 Hanukka numbered
3118 while the October 6, 2006 has the number 4118.
And I still can't get a number for the October 13, 1998 Guyana ferry
link issue. Thats nine years, almost.

Ralphael, the OLD one

Old August 21st 07, 01:04 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

On Aug 21, 4:30 am, Ralphael1 wrote:
Playing with the US definitives I notice that the Tiffany Lamp of March 1, 2003 has Scott number 3758

Hi Ralphael,
I am not a Scott user, but have you checked
"back of catalogue"?
Book printers usually include
"Addenda and Corrigenda" or maybe
"errata" to point to Catalogue updated data

Old August 21st 07, 01:27 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On Aug 20, 8:04?pm, Rod wrote:
On Aug 21, 4:30 am, Ralphael1 wrote:

Playing with the US definitives I notice that the Tiffany Lamp of March 1, 2003 has Scott number 3758

Hi Ralphael,
I am not a Scott user, but have you checked
"back of catalogue"?
Book printers usually include
"Addenda and Corrigenda" or maybe
"errata" to point to Catalogue updated data

Not the point at all Rod.
These stamps are listed in the front of the book.
Considering the issue date and number assigned the Tiffany Lamp stamps
does not compute in my way of thinking.
The second pair, 1000 numbers in that time span is a bit unusual.

Ralphael, the OLD one

Old August 24th 07, 02:30 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

For identifiable sets of stamps, Scott has always listed all denominations
of stamps from panes before those from coils, regardless of issue date. The
2003 Tiffany lamp is a coil while the 2007 version is from panes of 20.

The Hanukkah stamps being exactly 1000 numbers apart is just a coincidence.

Tom McFarland

ups.com...

Old August 24th 07, 12:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On Aug 23, 9:30?pm, wrote:
For identifiable sets of stamps, Scott has always listed all denominations
of stamps from panes before those from coils, regardless of issue date. The
2003 Tiffany lamp is a coil while the 2007 version is from panes of 20.

The Hanukkah stamps being exactly 1000 numbers apart is just a coincidence.

Tom McFarland

"Ralphael1" wrote in message

ups.com...

Playing with the US definitives I notice that the Tiffany Lamp of
March 1, 2003 has Scott number 3758 (renumbered from 3757) while the
March 16, 2007 version is numbered 3749.
Another strange one (to me) is the October 22, 1996 Hanukka numbered
3118 while the October 6, 2006 has the number 4118.
And I still can't get a number for the October 13, 1998 Guyana ferry
link issue. Thats nine years, almost.

Ralphael, the OLD one- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Tom for the clarification. I find that I must recheck and
recheck when I encounter a problem with Scott numbers. Once or twice
my ovwersight is not the problem.
As I mentioned before, I am still waiting on Scott number for the 1998
Guyana Ferry Boat issue.
I have one nondenominated Flag/Statue Liberty stamp that I haven't
found listed yet.

Ralphael, the OLD one