Snipe Updated

Old January 31st 05, 03:31 AM
R. Carvish

Default Snipe Updated

Thanks for those who helped me snipe... There's good and bad that came
with results.

I snipped:
Greenland Thule Kap York 5 Kroner 1932 for 56.08 in F Grade (cats at 15.00
but high demand, 500 mintage)
Greenland Thule Kap York 500 ore 1910 (I think that's the year it was
minted...) for 56.08 in XF-AU grade, cats at 40.00 in UNC, 22.00 in XF.
With those old aluminum coins, it's subjective, getting an UNC has to be
close to impossible, the UNCs I've seen are usually XF-AU.

So the results? I won 500 ore for 46.00 because I sniped two guys who were
fighting over it. All in all, probably the better win, although I got the
more common of the two, never seen a 5KR coin sell before, but this is the
third or fourth 500 ore I've seen, I lost the last one I bid on due to not
sniping, was outbid at 52.00.

I lost the 5 Kr because it was at 56.00 when my bid went to be placed,
that's not to say whether or not I'd have won if I had bid 57.08
instead... Maybe the next one that comes up will be nicer than F, and I
won't be on an allowance constraint as severely on coins, and will be able
to bid higher on the nicer one.

There were two others I may have sniped, but chose not to...

25 ore Thule Kap York 1910, was in F grade at 17.00, this coin is a 2.00
value in Krause, and they come up, and sell for 25.00 in UNC. I bought a
100 ore (similar cat. value) from Denmark for 26.00 in UNC. I'm not
inclined to bid on a yucky scratched F...

5 ore Thule Kap York 1910 in UNC grade sold for 30.00. Valued at 15.00 in
Krause. These are common, a friend of mine in Denmark (coin friend) would
probably sell me that for 20.00 plus postage, same goes for the 25 ore...
I only stopped buying from him because it got two expensive after I bought
two Greenland tokens... they don't run cheap.

So that leaves me with a want list of...
Thule Kap York 5 ore, 25 ore, 5 kroner, 10 kroner (yeah, I wish...)
and Greenland Minedrift 1911 10 ore, 25 ore, 100 ore (did I get that
order right?)

I've seen the Minedrift tokens come up, but didn't get a chance on the
last auctions, they were all Unc's. It seems like my two favourite Denmark
sellers have quite a few, they've auctioned off more than one in the past
4 months.

Cheers,
Colleen (Greenland is my favourite country to collect...)