Collecting experience

Old March 1st 10, 01:02 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

Default Collecting experience

mazorj wrote:
"oly" wrote in message
On Feb 28, 1:40 pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
mazorj wrote:
oly wrote:

Perhaps a slabbed Lincoln Cent has a monetary value, but I can't
think of a ultility value. You can't even hardly use it as a
bookmarker, and it sure won't impress women. Maybe it would be
good underneath the leg of an uneven table.

Makes a good screwdriver in a pinch, except for those infernal
Philips thingies.

James the Toolman

File two grooves into one corner and you can drive a #2 Phillips
screw.

I've never seen a Lincoln cent with a corner.

James the Well-Rounded- Hide quoted text -

I rarely see a coroner with a Lincoln cent.

oly
"too much CSI"

I once had a Corona with a stinky scent.

- mazorj
"too much Groucho"

By saying the secret word, you have just tied this thread with "Snowy RCC"
and by posting this, I have just made "Collecting Experience" pull ahead
by one.

James the Tiebreaker

I concede that this proves that Reid's coin-related thread was more popular
than my OT one. What a fool...er, idiot...I was to expect otherwise.

Old March 1st 10, 01:05 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"mazorj" wrote in message

"oly" wrote in message
On Feb 28, 3:32 pm, "Bruce Remick" wrote:
"mazorj" wrote in message

oly wrote:

Perhaps a slabbed Lincoln Cent has a monetary value, but I can't
think
of a ultility value. You can't even hardly use it as a bookmarker,
and it sure won't impress women. Maybe it would be good underneath
the leg of an uneven table.

Makes a good screwdriver in a pinch, except for those infernal Philips
thingies.

James the Toolman

File two grooves into one corner and you can drive a #2 Phillips screw.

File spaced notches along one edge and you have a ruler. File one edge
in
a sharp saw-tooth pattern. With a little imagination you can turn it
into
one of those credit card-sized flat multifunction tools.

- mazorj the Improviser

There must be an option out there that would let a slabbed Lincoln store
and
play I-Tunes. A slab fitted with a micro GPS transponder could be sold
and
the seller could follow its travels.- Hide quoted text -

Shhhh!!!!!! Shhhh!!!!

The tin-foil hat patrol already knows that there are SECRET
transponders in those TPG slabs, so the federales and the U.N. one-
world goverment will be able to locate and confiscate your valuable
coins when the SHTF!!! Shhhh!!!!!

oly
'Just because you're paranoid DOESN'T mean that they're NOT out to get
you!!!'

Well, now you've blown it, oly. Up until now we had plausible
deniability. Why don't you just go ahead and reveal that the transponders
in those slabs can be disabled by swiping them across those magnetic
gizmos at check-out counters that unlock the security tags on clothing.
Cripes. Nearly a billion in covert op expenditures goes down the toilet
with one UseNet post.

Not to worry. I read recently that most thinking people have left Usenet.

Old March 1st 10, 01:08 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Bruce Remick wrote:
wrote:
mazorj wrote:
oly wrote:

[...]

Ah, yes, he must have the Magic Touch. None of my coin posts ever garners
much traffic. I think there's a message in there somewhere, but I have no
idea what it might be.

James the Lonesome

Old March 1st 10, 01:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"mazorj" wrote in message

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message

"mazorj" wrote in message

oly wrote:

[...]

Now that would be a killer app! By including a tagged coin in every box
or bag of Mint releases we could build a geo-tagged database that would
end once and for all the controversies about the distribution and current
locations of various coin issues.

Oh, nuts... never mind. This is rcc. Make it "that would give collectors
in underserved areas never-ending fodder to complain about what's not
showing up in their change". :-I

Or... we could play "GPS coin tag," the idea being to document the
coordinates of the non-tagged coin that has traveled the farthest from any
databased GPS location of boxes that coin. Kind of like the contest that
Coca cola had in the 1960s when bottles still has their city of
manufacture stamped on the bottom. Winner was the farthest from your
local bottling plant's location. I think Cairo took the prize in my
area - probably brought in a diplomatic pouch by someone in State
Department.

Wouldn't GPS coin tag be similar to what Foursquare does? I don't want to
see you get into any trouble.

Old March 1st 10, 01:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Bruce Remick wrote:

"mazorj" wrote in message

oly wrote:

[...]

I read the same thing, but you're still here, I'm still here, and Reid is
still here. We must be either in Heaven or Hell, I don't know which.

James the Poor in Spirit

Old March 1st 10, 01:21 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

Bruce Remick wrote:

"mazorj" wrote in message

oly wrote:

[...]

I'd pinch you but I don't want to burn my hand.

Old March 1st 10, 01:51 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

"mazorj" wrote in message

oly wrote:

[...]

Nah. Foursquare is for squares. I'm talking about the uber-demographic -
coin people!

Old March 1st 10, 02:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"mazorj" wrote in message

oly wrote:

[...]

Wow! Pick me! Pick me!

Old March 1st 10, 02:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

wrote in message
news
in 1986 toyota dropped the celica-supra label and made the supra a sporty
car.
i have an 86 1/2, which has a dual overhead cam, fuel injected 6 banger,
the
good toyota 5 speed and great looking body. mine has all the options
except
turbo and everything works. even the rear defogger.
it has 200 hp without the turbo, 230 with. it's a real kick in the ass to
drive. it isn't a drag racer, it get power form 2000 rpm up.
the late 70's were great cars too. after mid 90's, it became a vette clone
with prices to match. now it's a really expensive exotic.
mine has 200,000 miles and runs great.
lucky me!

Huh. The 78-79 "Celica Supra" was a sporty car. In fact, your description
matches mine. In the early 1980s the Celica went to more of luxury sedan.
Maybe they had split the "Supra" off from the Celica line by 1986. For me
it was a very good compromise from the Detroit beasts.

I guess I don't have to tell you to hang onto yours!

- mazorj the Insanely Jealous

Old March 1st 10, 04:19 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

On Feb 28, 8:14*pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
*We must be either in Heaven or Hell, I don't know which.

James the Poor in Spirit

Is that a reference to the Eagles song "Hotel California"?

Jud - Fresh out of sobriquets