Germany ID [SG] please

Old June 12th 09, 10:39 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default Germany ID [SG] please

Need SG number for this "politicians" sheetlet of 1969 please.
http://cjoint.com/data/gmlK3JPuEC.htm

The stamps were to be used on cover as a sheet or as individuals,
but were not to be sold individually.

Old June 12th 09, 12:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Peter Baumann[_2_]

"rodney" wrote in message
Need SG number for this "politicians" sheetlet of 1969 please.
http://cjoint.com/data/gmlK3JPuEC.htm

The stamps were to be used on cover as a sheet or as individuals,
but were not to be sold individually.

Hi Rodney

Don't know the SG-Number, but 12,000,000 minisheets printed, is correct.

Peter

--
No Gates - no Bill!
Old June 12th 09, 12:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Thanks Peter,
I am familiar with 1 million having 6 noughts.

Can you assist me with this retour label?
http://cjoint.com/data/gmnuARXekJ.htm

About 6 years ago, IIRC this label was addressed and I had scans from a
German catalogue,
that someone sent to me from this NG
they appear to have disappeared into thin air,
I have looked everywhere.
Mine is probably a facsimile.

If anyone else is reading, why would NZ have a registration label dedicated
from the "returned letter office" (Wellington)?

Old June 12th 09, 01:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Thanks all.
SG M1499 mint 85p used 75p

Old June 12th 09, 01:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Peter Baumann[_2_]

rodney schrieb:
Thanks Peter,
I am familiar with 1 million having 6 noughts.

Can you assist me with this retour label?
http://cjoint.com/data/gmnuARXekJ.htm

:-))
This one, is a Bavarian one. They exist in various designs, differing a
little from each other. No pictures from all designs in my catalogue or
dataset, I am afraid. Yours is Nürnberg, there are 5 mo Augsburg,
Bamberg, München, Speyer and Würzburg. A label inscribed Regensburg,
were forgotten, so they got the following design 1 year before the other
large postoffices. The labes was first used in 1867. They are rare on
cover and have been forged quite a lot.

Peter

--
No Gates - no Bill!
Old June 12th 09, 03:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Arrghh! Bavaria.
That's where it was
http://cjoint.com/data/gmqjJQl5bL.htm

Thanks very much for the other information.
appreciated.

Old June 13th 09, 03:02 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Jun 12, 7:25*am, "rodney" wrote:

Can you assist me with this retour label?http://cjoint.com/data/gmnuARXekJ.htm

Returned Letter Commission (office). It was probably
used as a frank on returned undeliverable mail.

Blair

Old June 13th 09, 03:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Jay T. Carrigan[_2_]

They had no franking power. They were used as seals for
letters that had to be opened in order to determine the
sender.

Besides Bavaria, I am aware of similar seals from Germany
(proper) and Wurttemberg.

Jay Carrigan See web site for email address
www.jaypex.com

In article
,
says...

Old June 13th 09, 04:52 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_4_]

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 02:13:01 +0000, Jay T. Carrigan wrote:

They had no franking power. They were used as seals for letters that
had to be opened in order to determine the sender.

Besides Bavaria, I am aware of similar seals from Germany (proper) and
Wurttemberg.

In fact, I believe I sent a pane of 5 of equivalent labels from the U.S.
to Rodney -- and I think it came up recently on the ng, too (?).

--
Joshua H. McGee
San Marino, Los Angeles, California, USA, Earth

Germany ID. rodney General Discussion 9 April 1st 09 11:53 PM
Germany ID. rodney General Discussion 14 March 6th 09 04:01 AM
Germany: AMG TL General Discussion 20 August 20th 08 03:27 AM
FA: Germany John Sheffield Philatelist Ltd. Worldwide Stamps 0 November 14th 04 01:39 AM
FA: Germany John Sheffield Marketplace 0 October 3rd 04 01:54 PM