Old: OT Cow Talk - New : Cows on Coins an' Jersey too.

Old January 14th 04, 04:01 PM
Scottishmoney

Default Old: OT Cow Talk - New : Cows on Coins an' Jersey too.

I am not sure about Mutton imports, but your beef gets in here just
fine. Usually selling below our own beef in the markets. Hubby buys it
often when it is available.
Serious, I don't know if you have read the AMPA website, please do.
They are constantly adding new info when it becomes available and they
are a small groupgetting bigger fighting for ALL farmers. You have
such passion and energy, they could use your support.
Doris

Gees all this talk about beef etc, I long for a tenderloin, medium well
done But aside from the obvious, Jersey that is(see Harold Fears I
plugged Jersey for you) how many other nations have had cows on their coins
or banknotes? I vaguely recall some southeast nation such as Cambodia or
something having a cow on a banknote. Others may have put them on coins
during the FAO issues of the 1970's.

Dave

--
If you reply via email, try this:
scottishmoney(at)REMOVETHISlycos.com

---

Old January 14th 04, 05:30 PM
F B

Dave,
I have looked a t few furgn notes that I have.
No idea where this one is from Bank AL-MAGHRIB 50 DIRHAMS
They have horses.
A East Carribean has fish
A Canadian $2 note has the back with a beautiful farm scene. Can't see
one, but I know a cow is there in the barn.:-)
Doris
"next"

Old January 14th 04, 05:57 PM
Scottishmoney

"F B" wrote in message
Dave,
I have looked a t few furgn notes that I have.
No idea where this one is from Bank AL-MAGHRIB 50 DIRHAMS
They have horses.
A East Carribean has fish
A Canadian $2 note has the back with a beautiful farm scene. Can't see
one, but I know a cow is there in the barn.:-)
Doris
"next"

Probably a beeautiful old John Deere or McCormick Farmall, or even a Fordson
tractor too. Oh I miss my old tractor. Maybe when I get rid of my Scottish
banknotes I will buy another one.

Dave
"Never grew up, my toys just got more expensive"

---

Old January 14th 04, 10:02 PM
note.boy

Dave!!!!!! "get rid of my Scottish banknotes".

I'm sure you meant to type, "When the ownership of my Scottish notes
passes to other collectors". :-) Billy

Old January 14th 04, 10:38 PM
Scottishmoney

"note.boy" wrote in message
Dave!!!!!! "get rid of my Scottish banknotes".

I'm sure you meant to type, "When the ownership of my Scottish notes
passes to other collectors". :-) Billy

Well I keep hoping you will be one of them, but you keep dragging your feet
an' others are snapping them up. BTW there are a few nears and dears,
staying home an' not going anywheres but between my bank and home
occasionally.

Dave

---

Old January 14th 04, 11:44 PM
F B

How can it be a beautiful farm scene if it doesn't show a field of
vidalia onions (which, by the way are being blighted by some mad onion
disease this year)?
Cliff
Serious? they are having a problem. :-(
Sorry to hear this.
Doris

Old January 15th 04, 01:27 AM
Harold Fears

FYI: Jersey does not have any coins on their coins. They do use a cow's
head as a watermark on their banknotes.

Guernsey, that other island, has a coin a 3 pence coin.

Harold

Old January 15th 04, 07:47 AM
Keith Fletcher

I think I have an Ethiopian note w/cows. (Now I'll have to go find it...)

--K

Counterfeit detection primer -- periodic post Reid Goldsborough Coins 10 December 14th 03 09:54 PM
Counterfeit detection primer -- periodic post Jim Coins 19 November 17th 03 05:37 AM
US Territories and... Grandpa Coins 29 September 22nd 03 08:11 PM
Coin Talk Needs You Peter T Davis Coins 51 September 16th 03 01:19 AM
Help on telling repro Linda Coins 11 July 30th 03 02:03 AM