Frank the Spammer has been NARUed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old October 28th 03, 08:52 AM
RipCurl

"Frank Provasek" wrote in message
.com...
"a. linklurker" wrote in message
news:52gnb.44005$e01.102429@attbi_s02...

"Frank Provasek" wrote
"Bob Niland" wrote
Frank Provasek admitted:
I have been the perp of newsgroup spam
campaigns for several years.

I have never sent spam. Period. Never.

if someone received an email from you that was "commercial" in nature,
featured your ebay auctions, and hte person specifically did not state they
wanted to hear from you, its spam.

Do you have a confirmation in WRITING from every buyer/bidder/non-winner of
your auctions that they want to hear from you about your future auctions?

You must be able to prove that. IF not, then you are a spammer. And you
spam.

Old October 28th 03, 09:12 AM
Frank Provasek

stupid more than 4-line-sig snipped
--- follow nettiquete moron. 4 lines only for a sig

This IS a 4 line signature, you moron!

RARE COIN AUCTIONS NO MINIMUMS http://www.frankcoins.com
Ebay Powerseller FRANKCOINS Texas Auction License 11259
Board member of Texas Coin Dealers Association, Fort Worth Coin Club.
Member: Texas Numismatic Assoc, American Numismatic Assoc.

Old October 28th 03, 09:26 AM
Frank Provasek

Rip Curl says
I use eBay not because I wanna be a customer of those who use it to sell
their items. IM NOT your customer. eBay only provides me with a way to

meet
you "half-way". You have a product I want; eBay provides the venue for you
to sell me that item. YOU are the only customer of eBay as any other

seller
on eBay is. If you dont like their rules that you agreed to when you

signed
up, then YOU shouldn't be using eBay.

Are you really that ignorant in your knowlege of basic business?

If you buy something that I sell on ebay, who do you pay? Me or ebay?
If you pay ME, you are MY customer.
I pay ebay, and I am THEIR customer.

Old October 28th 03, 09:32 AM
Wheeler

Frank Provasek wrote:

"a. linklurker" wrote in message

The lurkers *don't* support him in email.

link*lurker*

Actually I have received 7 very nice supportive emails, but the writers
just don't want to post public comments and get flamed here.

Well, I do not want to get flamed, but I will go on record that I
do support Frank and hope that he is back to selling ASAP. I enjoy
his sales, I have bought from him, I am on his mailing list and I
will buy from him again.

=====================
Wheeler.... (Roscoe)

"We don't like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out."
Decca Recording Co. rejecting the Beatles, 1962.
Old October 28th 03, 02:54 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 04:48:18 GMT, Wildwood is
alleged to have written:

Finally... "Frank Provasek" has come back to
alt.marketing.online.ebay...

"a. linklurker" wrote in message

The lurkers *don't* support him in email.

link*lurker*

Actually I have received 7 very nice supportive emails, but the writers
just don't want to post public comments and get flamed here.

Seven support e-mails that you cannot/will not produce vs how many
posters over the various threads who agreed that you were wrong?

I'll produce another, I sent one of those supportive emails. I think Frank has
made some enemies and is a victim of their retaliation.

FWIW, Frank was not NARU'd for spamming. And I doubt the NARU will stick, though
Frank wouldn't be the first person kicked off of Ebay for false reasons.

Bruce

Old October 28th 03, 02:57 PM
Lumpy

Bruce Hickmott wrote:
FWIW, Frank was not NARU'd for spamming...

Why was he NARU'd?

Lumpy
--
www.lumpymusic.com
In Your Ears for 40 Years

Old October 28th 03, 03:01 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 06:57:37 -0700, "Lumpy" is
alleged to have written:

Bruce Hickmott wrote:
FWIW, Frank was not NARU'd for spamming...

Why was he NARU'd?

Lumpy

Frank can share if he pleases, he sent me a copy of Ebay's letter via private
email and I won't post it without permission.

Bruce

Old October 28th 03, 03:12 PM
a. linklurker

"Bruce Hickmott" wrote
Wildwood wrote
"Frank Provasek" wrote
"a. linklurker" wrote
The lurkers *don't* support him in email.
link*lurker*

Actually I have received 7 very nice supportive emails, but the writers
just don't want to post public comments and get flamed here.

Seven support e-mails that you cannot/will not produce vs how many
posters over the various threads who agreed that you were wrong?

I'll produce another, I sent one of those supportive emails.

That's not another: that's one of the seven.

I think Frank has
made some enemies and is a victim of their retaliation.

It's easy to make enemies, when you invade someone's space.

FWIW, Frank was not NARU'd for spamming. And I doubt the NARU will stick, though
Frank wouldn't be the first person kicked off of Ebay for false reasons.
Bruce

No, he wouldn't. Even if he were the first person ever to be kicked off of ebay.

612 articles later.....they still don't get it:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...inm=3&as_miny=
1995&as_maxd=9&as_maxm=8&as_maxy=2003&th=501c999b4 049d579&seekm=8a1Ya.17494%24Vx2.8926471%40newssvr
28.news.prodigy.com#link1

http://tinyurl.com/solv

Interesting:
"And I doubt the NARU will stick, though Frank wouldn't be
the first person kicked off of Ebay for false reasons"

What can we infer from that revelation?

link

Old October 28th 03, 03:13 PM
Bob Niland

Bruce Hickmott wrote:

I think Frank has made some enemies

Perhaps needlessly. Frank is not listening to
himself, nor to how his message is being
received. He apparently came here to recruit
allies, and got mostly foes instead.

and is a victim of their retaliation.

Claims of victimhood get little sympathy. It
is all too often the refuge of the criminal
and the sanctuary of the clinically paranoid.

Frank has a real issue (how to safely email
former customers once they also become eBay
customers) - but he managed to let a discussion
become a debate, then escalate to an argument,
then a shouting match and apparently open
internet warfare.

This progression is all too common on netnews
and preventing it requires some care and
restraint. Advocating something that can merely be mistaken for spam requires great
diplomacy. I don't think Frank will be up for
the Nobel Peace Prize anytime soon.

--
Regards, PO Box 248
Bob Niland Enterprise

Unless otherwise specifically stated, expressing
personal opinions and NOT speaking for any
employer, client or Internet Service Provider.
Old October 28th 03, 03:16 PM
Lumpy

Why were you NARU'd Frank?

Lumpy