Arrogant Ebay

Old August 6th 03, 07:24 AM
Frank Provasek

Default Arrogant Ebay

I sometimes send email to my ebay customers when I put up a lot of new
stuff at one cent start and no reserve. I have their email addresses from
them writing to ME (not sent through ebay's system.) Got a PHONE CALL from
ebay warning me not to send any more spam email to "their" customers.

I thought "customers" were the ones who pay the money. I pay ebay
$200 to $400 a month in fees. I am THEIR customer. The buyers of my
merchandise are MY customers.

I asked the guy WHAT email was someone complaining about,
WHO was the complainer, WHAT IP address did it originate from,
WHEN was it sent, HOW did they know it was not edited or entirely
fabricated in a text editor...

sorry - that's confidential.

RARE COIN AUCTIONS NO MINIMUMS http://frankcoins.com
Ebay Powerseller FRANKCOINS Texas Auction License 11259
Board member of Texas Coin Dealers Association, Fort Worth Coin Club.
Member: Texas Numismatic Assoc, American Numismatic Assoc.
Old August 6th 03, 08:00 AM
John Staines

I msg'd some seller asking if he was prepared to send his item to
Australia.

He replied advising that the ebay auction was only for people in the US,
fair enough no biggy, but he then proceeded to list a number of items
that weren't on ebay that I could purchase (they were exactly the same
as the items he had up for auction). I wasn't very happy that he was
prepared to sell his merchandise to me outside of eBay but I wasn't
entitled/allowed to bid on his auction/s.

Some people are well dodgy.

Cheers

Jim Menning wrote:
"Frank Provasek" wrote in message
y.com...

I sometimes send email to my ebay customers when I put up a lot of
new stuff at one cent start and no reserve. I have their email
addresses from them writing to ME (not sent through ebay's system.)

I'd be upset if I was on your mailing list. If every seller I bought
from on Ebay mailed me just once a week, I'd get over 800 extra
emails a week to delete. If your happy customers want to see more of
your merchandise, they can add your name to their favorite seller's
lists.

Your mailings are probably unwanted by many of your "former"
customers. I'd recommend that you stop being a pest to them.

jim menning

Right on, Jim.
I learned that lesson early on. I emailed a guy who bid on an CD that I was
selling another CD by the same artist, and he went through the roof.
Never again did I make that mistake.
But I would NEVER put someone on a "mailing list," especially without first
consulting with them.
Rusty
eBay ID: huskydustyrusty

Old August 6th 03, 10:39 AM
RipCurl

John Staines wrote:
I wasn't enquiring about what else he had for sale only the item that
was up for auction. A reply of "US only thanks" would have been the
required answer.

Please dont top post and learn to trim

Old August 6th 03, 10:54 AM
None

"Frank Provasek" wrote

I sometimes send email to my ebay customers when I put up a lot of new
stuff at one cent start and no reserve. I have their email addresses from
them writing to ME (not sent through ebay's system.) Got a PHONE CALL from
ebay warning me not to send any more spam email to "their" customers.

------------
SPAM mailings cost you more bids than you gain.

Old August 6th 03, 11:49 AM
mj

Frank Provasek wrote:

I sometimes send email to my ebay customers when I put up a lot of new
stuff at one cent start and no reserve. I have their email addresses from
them writing to ME (not sent through ebay's system.) Got a PHONE CALL from
ebay warning me not to send any more spam email to "their" customers.

I thought "customers" were the ones who pay the money. I pay ebay
$200 to $400 a month in fees. I am THEIR customer. The buyers of my
merchandise are MY customers.

I asked the guy WHAT email was someone complaining about,
WHO was the complainer, WHAT IP address did it originate from,
WHEN was it sent, HOW did they know it was not edited or entirely
fabricated in a text editor...

sorry - that's confidential.

Your point?

hint - You've been spamming and it's obviously not appreciated by at
least one of "your" customers.

Old August 6th 03, 01:14 PM
JSTONE9352

Right on, Jim.
I learned that lesson early on. I emailed a guy who bid on an CD that I was
selling another CD by the same artist, and he went through the roof.
Never again did I make that mistake.
But I would NEVER put someone on a "mailing list," especially without first
consulting with them.
Rusty
eBay ID: huskydustyrusty

Doesn't ebay have some provision about

contacting old customers when you have
something listed that they might be interested in and they give you permssion
to contact them in the future?

I've never done it because I think the chances for misunderstanding is too
great.

Ebay Email Scams.........Letter and Ebay response CalRima Autographs 2 August 23rd 04 02:43 AM
Ebay autograph policy Gummby3 Autographs 0 April 16th 04 01:29 AM
do not forward OFF this group that Xlist dahoov2 Autographs 4 March 9th 04 03:45 AM
eBay spoofs John Yamamoto-Wilson Books 0 January 23rd 04 12:46 AM
Ebay FRAUD alert ThomasTeeter Juke Boxes 6 January 22nd 04 04:34 AM