Skipping selections, etc....

Old December 1st 07, 01:51 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Default Skipping selections, etc....

Recently my Seeburg G started acting up...when you press a selection,
say, A-1, the unit will go from stadby to begin to scan and then
simply pass by A-1. Then, if I hit another selection, while its
scanning, it'll choose it, play and then scan thru again only to come
back & replay that last selection. Upon opening the rear of the
machine, I noticed the pins aren't pulling back in after being played.
The pinbank was rebuilt and cleaned about 2 years ago and was working
fine. Do you think it may need re-lubing? If so, with what type of
lubricant? Any other ideas? Thanks in advance!
Jay
Old December 1st 07, 01:32 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Joseph A. 'Tony' Dziedzic

Use absolutely NO lubricant in the pin bank assembly. Lubricant will attract
dust and/or moisture which can lead to erratic selection operation down the
road. If the selection pins are not moving fully to the outside of the rows
when selections are made there's likely an issue with the Credit & Cancel Unit
(on the Wired Selection Receiver chassis). If the pins don't move fully to
the center position after playing the C/IC contacts on the front of the
carriage assembly might be dirty or mis-adjusted. Tthe pin cancel coils on
the contact block that rides in the pin bank channel might be dirty inside,
preventing the plunger from moving easily.

(The contact block has a set of "dressing" pins that are intended to move the
selection pins fully into the selected or not selected position when the
carriage is scanning. If a pin is "most of the way" selected or canceled the
dressing pins will move it into proper position, which can result in a skipped
selection being played after the carriage passes by that selection once.)

Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic

In article
,

Old December 2nd 07, 12:16 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

Default SONGBIRD - T-Bird jukebox.... (NSM)

Anyone have the extra schematics for this beast? I have the IV service
manual that covers the regular electronics, but has nothing on the
extras - the sound effects nor the flashing tail lights.

Thanks,

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com

Pen skipping jeffdanz Pens & Pencils 1 November 29th 05 05:59 AM
Pen skipping jeffdanz Pens & Pencils 0 November 29th 05 04:53 AM
pen skipping the dude Pens & Pencils 3 August 13th 04 04:37 PM
More on skipping Alex Pens & Pencils 7 December 9th 03 02:39 PM
Skipping selections Ken G. Juke Boxes 1 September 23rd 03 01:41 AM