TECH: seeburg 201 mech rejects immediately after tone arm sets downon record

Old August 12th 19, 04:47 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
flashbk13

Default TECH: seeburg 201 mech rejects immediately after tone arm sets downon record

Hi all,
as above, Thank you, Rick
Old August 12th 19, 05:13 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

On 2019/08/11 8:47 p.m., flashbk13 wrote:
Hi all,
as above, Thank you, Rick

The service manual is where you need to start as it gives you a great
troubleshooting sequence. I'd suggest getting a good reprint such as the
Victory Glass edition - the best reprint out there IMHO.

Check for jammed cancel switch on rear, check for maladjusted Trip
switch on the mechanism. Check for maladjusted switches on switch stack.
All these are covered, along with the proper adjustments, in the manual.

Don't leave home without it!

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com
Old August 13th 19, 03:05 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
flashbk13

On Sunday, August 11, 2019 at 8:47:14 PM UTC-7, flashbk13 wrote:
Hi all,
as above, Thank you, Rick

Hi John,
it seems to be an electrical issue as the safety plunger and clutch all seem to work ok and smoothly (cycle properly). I disconnected the back cancel button and held the tone arm from moving, still cancels (I can hear some kind of relay engaging, sounds like it is in the mech). still waiting on the manual. cant tell if the stack sws are proper or not. dont know which are the stack and trip sws. I guess the stack are the vertical sws and the horizontal at the bottom of the mech are the trip sws? Thank you, Rick
Old August 13th 19, 03:38 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

On 2019/08/12 7:05 p.m., flashbk13 wrote:
On Sunday, August 11, 2019 at 8:47:14 PM UTC-7, flashbk13 wrote:
Hi all,
as above, Thank you, Rick

Hi John,
it seems to be an electrical issue as the safety plunger and clutch all seem to work ok and smoothly (cycle properly). I disconnected the back cancel button and held the tone arm from moving, still cancels (I can hear some kind of relay engaging, sounds like it is in the mech). still waiting on the manual. cant tell if the stack sws are proper or not. dont know which are the stack and trip sws. I guess the stack are the vertical sws and the horizontal at the bottom of the mech are the trip sws? Thank you, Rick

Hi Rick,

All will become clear when you have the manual. Have patience my son!

Old August 13th 19, 05:16 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
toucanf16

That's a common problem usually solved by cleaning and lubricating the clutch mechanism (not an easy task). The 60+ year old grease gets gummed up and the clutch doesn't cycle properly.