Penna Gov. Rendell re-elected easily

Old October 25th 06, 10:24 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

Default Penna Gov. Rendell re-elected easily

20 point spread in the last polls, with Rendell further moving ahead
of Swann. Reason? PA "nudoheads" would NEVER vote for a black guy!
Who ever heard of a black Republipedo, anyway? It's the dumbest move
the 'Pedoes could have made! Ditto in Maryland, where the 'Pedoes
will lose the Senate seat race to Cardin due to running Steele, a
black 'Pedo, in essentially a blue state.

Watching closely: The church nutters have been mobilizing, obviously,
from the their respective pulpits, and localized polling in Missouri,
Virginia and Tennessee shows they'll be out in force on Nov. 7.
SURPRISE! We have people living there, too!
Old October 26th 06, 05:57 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
William W Western

Default Dump Shenanigans

Trying to get our shop tidied up after a busy summer one of my labourers
took a load of junk (mostly scrap glass) to the dump yesterday. He was all
pleased with himself on his return. Apparently some fellow dumper had grown
weary of the hapless 8 track format. My fellow scooped up the proceeds and
brought them back for me. Whatta guy! Anyway, here is what he unearthed. Two
players. One a Baycrest player/recorder and the other a Lloyd's player. The
Lloyds is only coming through on the left side. But does sound good from the
working channel. The Baycrest (probably a re-badged Lloyds) does nothing
motorwise and is probably in need of a belt or the motor has frozen up. I do
not much care. Two boxes of tapes came with the deal. Mostly easy listening
and big band with the odd inclusion of AC/DC's Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap.
Also an in the style of The Village People and The Beatles 1967-1970 Part 1.
One nice item though. A Realistic sound effects tape. Best effect? A dial
tone and rotary dialing sound.

Old October 26th 06, 07:40 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Jealous resident of Shittsburg slum

William W Western wrote:
[...]

(lol)- hey great score !

and for the good price- free !

can't complain about that, can you....

those players are very easy to fix, if you can find a competent tech
who is an older person, who fixed them "in the day"-

I just stumbled upon a great tech, who is fixing every one of my decks
that need work, but are beyond my expertise.

right off the reel, he found one deck with a bad tape head- that was
playing out of only one channel

then he found a bad transistor in a car deck, and a bad IC in another
house deck- all fixed now, and for cheap ! typical repair only costs
$25 per unit !

now THAT'S 8-track heaven !

Old October 27th 06, 01:03 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 16:57:18 GMT, "William W Western"
wrote:

[...]
tone and rotary dialing sound. snip

Baycrest, obviously from The Bay, eh?

What on earth AC/DC is doing with big band, I have not a clue! Had
the sound effects disc long ago...used it for production work from
time to time. Care for a Beatles "Blue" Part 2 to go with that Part
1?

Leaves are turning on the decidulous flora up in the mountains here.
Hope your tam is ready for a season's service!
Old October 27th 06, 02:23 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
William W Western

Baycrest, obviously from The Bay, eh?
Yah. I do not think they even bother marketing audio
stuff under their name any more. I trashed the Lllllllloyd, but will open up
the Baycrest and tinker when time obliges me. I have a couple of those
Beatles Part 1 and 2, so not required but thanks. Kind of fun to get two
boxes with things I would not ordinarily buy even for 25 cents. I had
forgotten these boxes come with LOCKS! Quite enjoying a Decca Guy Lombardo
and His Royal Canadians. I love the sound effects and though I have about
six LP sound effects this is the first 8 track I have found. Whoever the
previous owner was took the time to record two carts with Liberace stuff.
It hit 52 F today in Winnipeg. Pretty nice, eh? But next week should
need some cover on my thinning thatch and a wool tam fits the bill nicely. I
will pass on the kilt though.

Old October 27th 06, 02:48 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 01:23:05 GMT, "William W Western"
wrote:

It hit 52 F today in Winnipeg. Pretty nice, eh? snip

Beauty, eh!

But next week should
need some cover on my thinning thatch and a wool tam fits the bill nicely. I
will pass on the kilt though. snip

Just brace yourself for the onslaught like last year's, "where did you
get a béret with a pom pom like that" idiocy. One would, however,
expect to hear such babble in and around Drums....ha!