Romania ID please-valea capre

Old June 12th 09, 09:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default Romania ID please-valea capre

That's beautiful Anton,
I always thought Romania to be rather flat with wide plains.
The stamp certainly does not do it justice, I would sack the designer

"CASACUDOR" wrote in message
On Jun 11, 4:37 am, "rodney" wrote:
I assume, by the quality of printing
this issue should lie around the mid seventies.

I have checked my database from 1961 to 1984
there are 34 issues with 2 Lei in the value tablet
but none seem to match, perhaps missing in my catalogue.

http://cjoint.com/data/gldCQ4QBUL.htm

Also could I check the colour of SG1674 20 Lei king michael
Cat has it as lilac, mine is purple.

Thanks.

and the orginal:

http://www.ropedia.ro/interactiv/alb...nsfag arasan/

Old June 12th 09, 11:35 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"rodney" wrote in message
That's beautiful Anton,
I always thought Romania to be rather flat with wide plains.
The stamp certainly does not do it justice, I would sack the designer

I agree, it's an ugly stamp.

"Romania's terrain is distributed roughly equally between mountainous, hilly
and lowland territories. The Carpathian Mountains dominate the center of
Romania, with fourteen of its mountain ranges reaching above the altitude of
2,000 meters. The highest mountain in Romania is Moldoveanu Peak (2,544
m/8,350 ft). In south-central Romania, the Carpathians sweeten into hills,
towards the Baragan Plains. Romania's geographical diversity has led to an
accompanying diversity of flora and fauna."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romania#Geography

Some of this diversity is shown on my 10 years old stamp page:
http://www.marci-postale.com/Wildlife/romanian6.htm
Just to mention that it was Mette who asked the Q.

--
Victor Manta

Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/
Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/

Romania ID. Rod General Discussion 6 September 1st 07 01:15 AM
Ispravi din romania King Seanie, Ruler of the Griks Coins 1 January 25th 06 02:22 AM
Romania oddity Blair (TC) General Discussion 2 July 27th 05 01:03 AM
New coins for Romania? B.J. Herbison Coins 0 September 15th 04 11:46 PM
Romania query Rodney General Discussion 7 December 30th 03 08:55 AM