For those interested to get in the Vatican UFN list!

Old September 2nd 10, 02:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
cnntp

Default For those interested to get in the Vatican UFN list!

A few months ago someone posted here that we can send a request to be
included in the Vatican UFN list through their web site.
I tried twice but never received an answer, so I've forgot about it thinking
I was rejected.
Today I had the pleasant surprise to receive an e-mail from them letting me
know that I was introduced in their list, they've also sent me my customer
cod and PIN numbers!
I don't know if it means something but if you want to try, it may be the
right time to forward your request to them!

rgrds
gogu

Old September 2nd 10, 11:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
johnnyo

On Sep 2, 6:17*am, "cnntp" wrote:
A few months ago someone posted here that we can send a request to be
included in the Vatican UFN list through their web site.
I tried twice but never received an answer, so I've forgot about it thinking
I was rejected.
Today I had the pleasant surprise to receive an e-mail from them letting me
know that I was introduced in their list, they've also sent me my customer
cod and PIN numbers!
I don't know if it means something but if you want to try, it may be the
right time to forward your request to them!

rgrds
gogu

Do it. I was lucky enough to get on their mailing list back in 2002
and bought their first UNC euro set for less than $17, shipping
included. I sold it on eBay near the height of the euro craze for
$970 + shipping. (At that profit, er... price, the second-year 2003
JP II set was good enough for my collection!) IIRC, the guy who
bought it also won a couple other 2002 Vatican City euro set auctions
at similar prices. Trying to corner the market, one set at a time, I
suppose.

Once you're on their list and successfully order an item, they seem to
reserve the same item for you for the following year (at the same
quantity, which is indicated on the preprinted order form they send).
Even though the price has gone up substantially since 2002 (now
approximately $40-$45), I've bought an UNC set every year, for fear of
being dropped from their list. That allowed me to get the Sede
Vacante set from a few years ago, as well as the Benedict XVI set to
add to my collection.

When they offered their first €2 commem in 2004, on a lark, I ordered
two, thinking that my order would be cut down to one and that I would
be lucky to get even that. Boy, was I shocked and happily surprised
when I received two in the mail. I sold one on eBay for more than the
cost of both, so it was a winning strategy for me. I've been ordering
two each year ever since.

After years of trying, I was finally able to order a proof set a
couple of years ago (it comes in a really nice presentation case and
includes a beautiful silver medal), but didn't continue ordering it as
I couldn't justify the cost.

Happy collecting!

john