Money Show in Fort Worth

Old March 28th 10, 02:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bob-tx

Default Money Show in Fort Worth

"Alan Bruns" wrote in message
.90...
I attended the ANA Money Show in downtown Fort Worth on Saturday
morning.
It's the largest show I've ever attended by far.

SNIP
Sounds like it was a good show, and I would have driven the 250
miles to go, had I known about it. So, the question that comes to
my mind, is:

Where does a person find advance information about coin show - large
and small?
Any good sources?

Bob-tx

-Alan Bruns

Old April 1st 10, 09:15 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ken Barr

On Mar 27, 12:23 pm, Alan Bruns wrote:

[snip]
the budget would reach). I arrived a bit after 10:00am, parking on the
street a few blocks away from the convention center (metered street
parking free in FtW on Saturday/Sunday).

RATS! Missed that ... so I wasted $2 on the meter on Saturday ...

I was sorry to see quite a large number of dealers packing up before
noon, especially since the show is still supposed to be open for business
on Sunday.

Nope. The show was Thurs-Fri-Sat only this year, with no Sunday
hours.
And with the distance from the Fort Worth Convention Center to DFW,
many of the deelers had to leave earlier than normal to catch
reasonable
flights back home.

The show had mixed results as far as I could see. Many of the high-
end
and low-end deelers were happy, but many in the middle were not. This
correlates to my own experiences, that the middle of the market has
been
hurt more by the economy than either the high or low end.

TNA Show this weekend in Fort Worth Frank Provasek Coins 4 May 16th 09 04:20 PM
Strong sales at Fort Worth show Frank Provasek Coins 7 November 10th 08 06:40 PM
Fort Worth gets 2010 ANA Money Show [email protected] Coins 6 September 16th 07 05:39 PM
Fort Worth Coin Show Bill Yates Coins 1 November 6th 04 06:36 AM
Coin Show Fort Worth Bill Yates Coins 0 March 28th 04 03:10 AM