AR Card ~ more.

Old June 26th 09, 02:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default AR Card ~ more.

Modern equivalent 2004
Cover with auxilliary marking AR circled.

It beats me why I didn't enquire about this when I received it.

http://cjoint.com/?gApRtdd8qB

Cannot recall the contents, possibly Taxi Registration plates licence.

Old June 27th 09, 05:24 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Another with a differing auxilliary marking,
I presume to be connected with "Avis de Reception" ..."carded" and date,
My son's Aussie or Thai passport, not sure which one.
http://cjoint.com/data/gBgupwozaH.htm

Old June 27th 09, 01:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Jun 26, 9:48*am, "rodney" wrote:
Modern equivalent 2004
Cover with auxilliary marking AR circled.

It beats me why I didn't enquire about this when I received it.

http://cjoint.com/?gApRtdd8qB

Cannot recall the contents, possibly Taxi Registration plates licence.

Is there anything on the back?
Possible evidence of the AR card?

Blair
Old June 27th 09, 01:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Unknown Blair,
I usually scan both sides if marks are present,
but this was in 2004, and I am not sure if I was so diligent then.
The cover would be in plastic in the attic somewhere

"Blair"

Old June 27th 09, 01:45 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

Australia Post (Domestic) now calls the AR card a Delivery
Confirmation Card.
(see Registered Mail brochure)
http://www.auspost.com.au/GAC_File_M...t_dl_v1,00.pdf

They also offer a Person to Person service, where only the
actual addressee can sign for the letter.

Registration is also available for International Registered Parcels
and Letters (to 500 grams).

Benefits

* Delivery to over almost 200 countries within 3 to 10 working
days
* A single price to anywhere in the world including envelope,
postage and registration
* Each article has a unique identification number
* Proof of posting provided when lodged at a post office counter
* A signed record of delivery can be available in most countries
* Discounts available for bulk purchase

http://www.auspost.com.au/internatio.../rpi/index.asp

Blair
Old June 27th 09, 02:01 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

For Canadian Domestic Registered Mail,
there are no AR cards now. Instead they offer ...

We sign for Registered mail on an electronic
template and the signatures are stored in a
database.

9.1

Signature Copy

A secured image of the signature of the
person who signed for the delivery is available,
at no charge, on Canada Post’s website. A hard
copy of the signature is also available, for a fee,
by contacting Customer Service at 1-888-550-6333.

The Signature Copy will be sent to the Customer
via Lettermail or by facsimile within three business
days of the Customer’s request.

For Canadian International Registered Mail,
there are AR cards.

Registered Mail (U.S.A. and International)

9.1

Advice of Receipt

An Advice of Receipt provides proof of delivery
(including the date and signature of the addressee
or the addressee’s representative) in hard copy.

The Advice of Receipt can be purchased at the
time of mailing only and is attached to the item
and returned to the sender by the destination
postal administration.

Blair
Old June 27th 09, 02:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

I must disagree Blair,
this is Registration, not "AR"
under "conditions apply"
confirmation of receipt is not an option.

comments?

Old June 27th 09, 02:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

This is still not AR,
in my opinion this is a complete farce.
For example, I received a package for one our host students from Japan
yesterday,
the AustPost contractor dumped it at my feet, and I had to sign an
electronic tablet.
He had no idea who I was, ( I certainly did not look like a "Kohei")
he just wanted a mark so he could nick orf.

International post-signature required label,

The next time this happens, I'll sign it "Ned Kelly" for what difference it
makes.

AR confirms the addressee has indeed received the correspondance
a huge difference

"Blair"