Difficulty obtaining president dollars.

Old March 9th 09, 01:51 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Default Difficulty obtaining president dollars.

Dik T. Winter wrote:
In article "Mr. Jaggers"
lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com writes:
Dik T. Winter wrote:
In the past I had no problems obtaining the state quarters and
president dollars from my supplier. But as of 2008 he is apparently
not able to provide me with the president dollars. I do not want
rolls, I want single coins. What is the problem?

May I assume that your supplier is in Europe?

No, he is in the US.

If your supplier is in the U.S., he may have decided that the costs
and risks of shipping one or two low-value coins overseas are just
not worth it. A lot of international shippers have given up because
of all the hassle.

I have had no problems obtaining the state quarters from him. I
always
ask for such things in addition to another order. Moreover, I pay the
shipping cost and it is on my risk. I order with him about twice a
year
and never had any difficulty with hassle of whatever form.

One idea I thought of after responding to your original post is that the
first round of Presidential dollars contained three of our best-known
Presidents - Washington, Jefferson, and Madison. After that, popularity
quickly falls off, until, after Jackson, there is a long run from Van Buren
to Buchanan that are not only relatively unknown, but not particularly
revered. Here in the U.S. I overhear a lot of negativity about this whole
project, and perhaps your supplier has decided not to go to the trouble to
carry Harrison, Tyler, Polk, and Taylor for 2009. Other than that, I'm out
of ideas.

James

Old March 9th 09, 01:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
jim menning

"Dik T. Winter" wrote in message ...

In the past I had no problems obtaining the state quarters and president
dollars from my supplier. But as of 2008 he is apparently not able to
provide me with the president dollars. I do not want rolls, I want single
coins. What is the problem?

Why would you ask here where people can only guess?

ASK YOUR SUPPLIER!

Old March 9th 09, 02:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Jim Menning wrote:
"Dik T. Winter" wrote in message

In the past I had no problems obtaining the state quarters and
president dollars from my supplier. But as of 2008 he is apparently
not able to provide me with the president dollars. I do not want
rolls, I want single coins. What is the problem?

Why would you ask here where people can only guess?

ASK YOUR SUPPLIER!

You're assuming that no one here knows anything about the situation, that
Dik has the time to compose a question and get it to his supplier, and that
his supplier will take the time and incur the expense to send a response,
all within the framework of a "no sale" communication. I see no problem
with asking people who live in the homeland of the coins in question what is
going on, especially when the effort to ask is as little as it is on rcc.
Some of us actually do know something.

James

Old March 9th 09, 03:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RWF

Jim Menning wrote:
"Dik T. Winter" wrote in message

In the past I had no problems obtaining the state quarters and
president dollars from my supplier. But as of 2008 he is apparently
not able to provide me with the president dollars. I do not want
rolls, I want single coins. What is the problem?

Why would you ask here where people can only guess?

ASK YOUR SUPPLIER!

You're assuming that no one here knows anything about the situation,
that Dik has the time to compose a question and get it to his
supplier, and that his supplier will take the time and incur the
expense to send a response, all within the framework of a "no sale"
communication. I see no problem with asking people who live in the
homeland of the coins in question what is going on, especially when
the effort to ask is as little as it is on rcc. Some of us actually do
know something.

Dik complains about not understanding posts about US politics, Dik
complains his dealer won't sell him coins, Dik complains and complains.
Welcome to my killfile, Dik-head!

Old March 9th 09, 03:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_8_]

Ο "Dik T. Winter" έγραψε στο μήνυμα

I have had no problems obtaining the state quarters from him. I always
ask for such things in addition to another order. Moreover, I pay the
shipping cost and it is on my risk. I order with him about twice a year
and never had any difficulty with hassle of whatever form.

Try Chuck d'Ambra:
http://www.telecoins.com/
He's an excellent guy of proven honesty; he will certainly try and help you.

rgrds

Old March 9th 09, 03:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_8_]

Ο "Dik T. Winter" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
In article "RWF"
writes:
Well, one problem could be that you expect readers of this NG to be able
to read your coin dealer's mind.
Another could be your over-inflated sense of entitlement.
Then again, it might just be that you are a jackass.

Might be. On the other hand he has provided me with state quarters (upto
and
including 2008) and the 2007 president dollars.

Please don't feed the TROLL!

Old March 9th 09, 04:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
jim menning

Jim Menning wrote:
[...]

The only one who knows exactly why he is having trouble getting them through his
particular supplier is HIS SUPPLIER.

An email to his supplier is just as easy as posting here for SWAGs, and the only way
to get a verified answer.

Old March 9th 09, 05:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Jim Menning wrote:
Jim Menning wrote:
[...]

OK, Dik, the Oracle has spoken. Better do what he says.

James the Peon

Old March 9th 09, 05:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
jim menning

Jim Menning wrote:
Jim Menning wrote:
[...]

You were the one that claimed to have the answers.

Old March 9th 09, 06:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Jim Menning wrote:
Jim Menning wrote:
Jim Menning wrote:
[...]

I made no "claims" whatsoever. All of my explanations were couched in
phrases of uncertainty ("it's possible"), tentative adverbs ("perhaps"),
and conditional verb forms ("if so...would have to buy", "may be", "may I
assume"), as opposed to the indicative mood, which is used to state facts
and express certainty. One who is even marginally fluent in the English
language will recognize the difference between fact and supposition when he
sees this type of grammar and syntax. If you wish to go up against a person
who spent his entire professional life teaching the subtleties of oral and
written expression to high school and college students, lay on. I'm ready
for whatever you've got.

James