Am I wrong to be ****ed off?

Old March 7th 09, 05:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Thomas N Mathberg

Default Am I wrong to be ****ed off?

I went to my local coin dealer today. I brought about 1.5K with me
because I wanted to buy some specific stuff. He didn't have it. No
problem. I only spent about $45. I have a folder I always bring with me
that contains my want lists, money, and coin sets I want to show the dealer.
This time I had just gotten back from Berlin and showed two Euro sets from
Finland & Greece I had bought in Potsdam (10 Euro for an UNC set for each
country). We had a good conversation and then I was looking at the
certified Morgans I wanted.
I then saw another customer using my folder as background to check the
assay of some gold coins. The solution he used went straight through the
folder, thankfully, I had papers before my Finland Euro Set. It burned a
hole in my folder. Thank God it did not affect the packaging or my coins.

Is it a no foul situation or should I talk to the coin dealer?

Old March 7th 09, 06:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
don't look

"Thomas N Mathberg" wrote in message
[...]

What was the owner of the shop doing while this customer was playing with
your stuff? First off they customer is a jack-ass. But,how in heck did he
get to your folder?Left it on the counter,did we? Oh well, if the owner was
with that customer when this was going on and did nothing? I wouldn't spend
another dime there. If you put down your folder and walked away,well...

Old March 7th 09, 03:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RWF

[...]

The customer was a moron, nevertheless it was your responsibility to
look after your property.

Old March 7th 09, 06:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Johnny Doe

On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 00:09:47 -0500, "Thomas N Mathberg"
wrote:

[...]

Uh, sure, a customer is acid testing gold coins at the counter of a
coin dealer. What dealer is going to let a customer acid test their
stock? I'm not saying it didn't happen - but it didn't happen.