Any other Moleskine journals users here? ...

Old April 19th 07, 04:12 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Speedmaster

Default Any other Moleskine journals users here? ...

If not, do you have another brand you prefer? I'm always on the
lookout for a similar but cheaper source of journals. ;-)

Chris
http://amateureconblog.blogspot.com/

Old April 19th 07, 08:06 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Juhapekka Tolvanen

Speedmaster writes:

If not, do you have another brand you prefer?

I use just Moleskines as my notebooks. Sometimes I drool because of
notebooks of Paperblanks, but I haven't bought them, yet.

http://www.paperblanks.com/

--
Juhapekka "naula" Tolvanen * http colon slash slash iki dot fi slash juhtolv
"Du hast mich gefragt, und ich hab nichts gesagt. Willst du bis der Tod euch
Old April 19th 07, 09:30 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Curtis L. Russell

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 22:06:02 +0300, Juhapekka Tolvanen
wrote:

I use just Moleskines as my notebooks. Sometimes I drool because of
notebooks of Paperblanks, but I haven't bought them, yet.

http://www.paperblanks.com/

They aren't cheap, but they aren't unreasonable. Think I may buy a
couple for possible gifts. If the paper looks good and the right
reason comes up, might buy a couple for home.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old April 20th 07, 03:24 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Barutan Seijin

Am 19 Apr 2007, Speedmaster schrieb:

If not, do you have another brand you prefer? I'm always on the
lookout for a similar but cheaper source of journals. ;-)

I'm not crazy about the paper. It's a bit too thin for me. The
bindings aren't that great either.

I prefer Maruman and similar Japanese notebooks. They have better paper
and are much cheaper.

Old April 20th 07, 05:53 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Brian Ketterling

In ,
Barutan Seijin wrote:

I'm not crazy about the paper. It's a bit too thin for me. The
bindings aren't that great either.

I'd like to see and handle some of the originals (which, I take it, were a
type, not brand, of journal) that Hemingway, et al, allegedly used.

Brian

Old April 20th 07, 06:16 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Juan[_2_]

On Apr 20, 6:53 pm, "Brian Ketterling" tweel6...@no-potted-meat-
products-peoplepc.com wrote:
,

Barutan Seijin wrote:
I'm not crazy about the paper. It's a bit too thin for me. The
bindings aren't that great either.

I'd like to see and handle some of the originals (which, I take it, were a
type, not brand, of journal) that Hemingway, et al, allegedly used.

Brian
--

Yes, they were a type, not a brand. I have this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Selected-Poems...7089060&sr=8-3

It looks like a moleskine (it does when you have the book in your
hands) to me. I posted this to moleskinerie some months ago.

Last week while watching a Sherlock Holmes DVD I noticed that Mycroft
(Sherlock's brother) had what also looked like a moleskine.

And yes, I'm addicted to moleskines.

Juan