Is Minkus acetate interleaving safe?

Old January 28th 09, 07:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
John Mycroft[_2_]

Default Is Minkus acetate interleaving safe?

Hi! Digging around in my junk boxes, I have turned up about 100 Minkus acetate interleaving sheets. The price on the pack is $3.50 so I guess they
come from the mid-1980s. Are they safe to use or are they full of plasticizers and other nastiews?

Cheers - John Mycroft
Old January 29th 09, 07:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

Hi John,

Helping a friend of mine in breaking down collections I have come
across acetate interleaving in some older collections. I do not know
if they were Minkus or not. The sheets should be alright seeing that
they are from Minkus. But back in the 'dark ages' no one really knew
much about plasticizers and such and I probably would not use them for
long term.
Just one opinion.

Jerry B

Minkus Albums William Glenn General Discussion 1 October 3rd 05 06:22 AM
Safe Deposit Boxes Safe Willy P Coins 18 July 21st 05 03:08 AM
Minkus supplements Notroll2004 General Discussion 1 January 10th 05 08:56 PM
FS: RARE Stackhouse Scrapbook Acetate Rookie lot ENDS TODAY jimmbo Basketball 0 December 28th 03 08:58 PM
Jacques Minkus FDC Greg General Discussion 0 September 11th 03 07:30 PM