Ebay ID to block from your listings

Old June 3rd 08, 06:59 PM posted to alt.rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace,rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Mark Bardell[_3_]

Default Ebay ID to block from your listings

I have just received a negative from ebay ID JAWNMJ and would strongly
suggest that you add this name to your blocked bidder lists, especially due
to the fact that we can now no longer leave negative feedback for idiot
buyers.

M.

--

Currently accepting consignments for sale - 25% final sale value fee - all
Ebay/Paypal fees paid.

Old June 4th 08, 01:40 PM posted to alt.rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace,rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
John Mycroft[_2_]

Before I go banning that person, I'd need to see the lot & the feedback.

That "no negative feedback for buyers" is truly stupid. I'm lucky enough never to have got one (though I do still have a neutral active and have
refunded bids to 2 buyers over the years who disagreed with my glowing descriptions of my lots such as item number 220234094318 ) - they were kind
enough to keep quiet about it. I've only once left negative buyer feedback - back in my early ebay days I sent somethig to someone who never paid:
a few bucks lost on a lesson well learnt.

If I need to leave negative feedback in future, I will do so, even if I have to say it is "positive" = "I am positive this person is a crook".

John Mycroft

Old June 4th 08, 11:29 PM posted to alt.rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace,rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 14:52:32 -0400, Alan wrote:

Mark Bardell wrote:
I forgot to put the auction number in the first post -

170219426919

I recently sold a stamp to someone and got no money or emails. I left
very negative feedback but in the positive section.

I also had a buyer who after winning decided he didn't want it anymore
and refused to pay. I left a neg feedback and he did the same to me
saying I was a crook !. Ebay told me there was nothing they could do.

Ya know, it's very upsetting that BIG companies like this do not have
staff nor time to fix these issues. Goodwill does go a long way, but
the results of these "lack of involvement" scenarios is a only a wedge
to drive between buyer / seller and eBay.

Of course, eBay is in it for the money. Sales and purchases on eBay
have help my stamp collecting hobby.

That said, if feedback is allowed and fostered by eBay, then it
"should" be maintained, otherwise it is totally useless and should not
be offered - good, bad or indifferent.

Unfortunately, this world we live in is not like the Walgreen's
commercial, where everything is perfect.
Old June 11th 08, 02:20 PM posted to alt.rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace,rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
David Hicks[_2_]

I think the lesson to be learnt is this, when trading through Ebay or any
other store, you are retailing and there is nothing stranger on this earth
than folk. A certain percentage are never going to be happy even if they
bought a mint £5 Orange for a penny with free postage,

with repsect Mark, looking at the number of trades you are making, you have
got to accept that a small percentage of those that buy are "Prats" and
that you are going to get some stupid feedback from time to time.

Perhaps Ebay should make Ebays be aware that the feedback they give is
published in the public domain, and as such you have a recourse to legal
action for slanderous or malicious feedback, Thsi woudl be against both the
person leaving the feedback and Ebay themselves

You would be surprised how many people have bought my kiloware and then
complained that it did not contain 50% commoratives and 50% high values !!!

Still

Old June 12th 08, 07:38 AM posted to alt.rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace,rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
David Hicks[_2_]

Hmmmm so what happened to the post I was responding too ?????