Stamp ID

Old May 17th 08, 10:06 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Default Stamp ID

Like, hint, at the bottom...

Here is my browser hiearchy,
there is, and never was an original post,
http://cjoint.com/data/frleUdpK1W.htm
Would anyone care to throw on Cjoint so I can have a bo peep?

Old May 17th 08, 10:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_3_]

On Sat, 17 May 2008 17:06:40 +0800, rodney wrote:

Like, hint, at the bottom...

Here is my browser hiearchy,
there is, and never was an original post,
http://cjoint.com/data/frleUdpK1W.htm Would anyone care to throw on
Cjoint so I can have a bo peep?

Maybe your reader kicked it because of the binary?

http://cjoint.com/data/frln31Enef.htm

--
Joshua H. McGee, Los Angeles, California, USA
Member: APS, ATA, ISWSC, AFDCS, MBPC, MCC, BPS
Old May 17th 08, 10:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

"Joshua McGee"
Maybe your reader kicked it because of the binary?

http://cjoint.com/data/frln31Enef.htm

Yes, I think so Joshua.
thanks for your assistance, appreciated.

Old May 17th 08, 10:42 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

OK read about your stamp here.........
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_tax_stamp

"Peter Baumann" wrote in message
ben schrieb:
I'm stumped on this one. Should be Spanish?

War tax stamp Spain.

How did you manage to post a picture in this group?

Peter

Old May 17th 08, 03:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

"Alan"
Original post May 13

That may be, but for one reason or another,
the original post never turned up in my Outlook Express / RCSD
as a simple search reveals
http://cjoint.com/data/frqkLZNyxq.htm

From memory, that has never occurred before.

Old May 18th 08, 01:40 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

No it doesn't,
the search is open ended,
the results are every instance of "Stamp ID" I received.
I never received the OP message.

"Alan"
But the search only goes back to May 16 !

Old May 18th 08, 04:24 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

wrote:

Like, hint, at the bottom...

Here is my browser hiearchy,
there is, and never was an original post,
http://cjoint.com/data/frleUdpK1W.htm
Would anyone care to throw on Cjoint so I can have a bo peep?

John Mycroft - 16/05/2008 - 8:27 PM

This was not the first post in the thread, but it DID have the said
attachment in it. If not, then I must've replied in my sleep or
through another dimension. :^)

.... which, by the way, is quite possible ...
Old May 18th 08, 04:28 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On May 17, 8:40 pm, "rodney" wrote:
No it doesn't,
the search is open ended,
the results are every instance of "Stamp ID" I received.
I never received the OP message.

"Alan"

But the search only goes back to May 16 !

Probably your ISP (or NSP if you have one)
kicked out the message, containing a binary
posting, from a non-binary newsgroup.
Google groups did this too.

Blair
Old May 18th 08, 04:30 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Sat, 17 May 2008 20:28:23 -0700 (PDT), "Blair (TC)"
wrote:

On May 17, 8:40 pm, "rodney" wrote:
No it doesn't,
the search is open ended,
the results are every instance of "Stamp ID" I received.
I never received the OP message.

"Alan"

But the search only goes back to May 16 !

Probably your ISP (or NSP if you have one)
kicked out the message, containing a binary
posting, from a non-binary newsgroup.
Google groups did this too.

Interesting... This may be true for some ISPs, but mine let it slip
in, even though they do not carry binaries groups.
Old May 20th 08, 05:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
John Mycroft[_2_]

To put you all out of your misery, the stamp I put in my post (as an attachment) is from Liberia 1924 - Scott # F32.