The Statehood Quarters Program Is Finally Over

Old January 11th 09, 03:21 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

Default The Statehood Quarters Program Is Finally Over

Rather than start a thread about "Your Most and Least Favorite
Statehood Quarters" or "Which Losing Statehood Quarter Design Is Your
Favorite?", I thought I'd post the mintages by State and Mint. I took
the numbers from the Mint's web site, entered them onto a spreadsheet,
and sorted them by mintage, from lowest to highest.

http://www.usmint.gov/about_the_mint...uction_figures

The grand total of all circulating Statehood Quarters for the past ten
years (drum roll, please)... 34,797,600,000. That's just over 34-3/4
billion quarters.

Rank State/Mint Mintage

1 OK-D 194,600,000
2 IA-P 213,800,000
3 OH-P 217,200,000
4 ME-D 217,400,000
5 OK-P 222,000,000
6 AL-P 225,000,000
6 MO-P 225,000,000
8 IL-P 225,800,000
8 MI-D 225,800,000
10 WI-P 226,400,000
11 WI-D 226,800,000
12 AR-D 228,000,000
13 MO-D 228,200,000
14 AR-P 229,800,000
15 ME-P 231,400,000
16 AL-D 232,400,000
17 MI-P 233,800,000
18 IL-D 237,400,000
19 MN-P 239,600,000
20 FL-P 240,200,000
21 FL-D 241,600,000
22 WY-P 243,600,000
23 NM-P 244,200,000
24 NM-D 244,400,000
25 AZ-P 244,600,000
26 SD-P 245,000,000
27 MN-D 248,400,000
28 IA-D 251,400,000
29 AK-P 251,800,000
30 UT-D 253,200,000
31 HI-P 254,000,000
31 AK-D 254,000,000
33 UT-P 255,000,000
34 MT-D 256,240,000
35 MT-P 257,000,000
36 CA-P 257,200,000
37 TX-D 263,000,000
38 CA-D 263,200,000
39 KS-P 263,400,000
40 HI-D 263,600,000
41 AZ-D 265,000,000
42 WA-P 265,200,000
43 SD-D 265,800,000
44 CO-P 274,800,000
45 NE-D 276,400,000
46 NV-P 277,000,000
47 TX-P 278,800,000
48 WA-D 280,000,000
49 TN-D 286,468,000
50 ID-D 286,800,000
51 MS-D 289,600,000
52 MS-P 290,000,000
53 CO-D 294,200,000
54 ID-P 294,600,000
55 NJ-D 299,028,000
56 KS-D 300,000,000
57 ND-P 305,800,000
58 NV-D 312,800,000
59 OR-P 316,200,000
60 NE-P 318,000,000
61 WY-D 320,800,000
62 IN-D 327,200,000
63 PA-P 349,000,000
64 KY-P 353,000,000
65 VW-D 356,200,000
66 PA-D 358,332,000
67 ND-D 359,000,000
68 TN-P 361,600,000
69 LA-P 362,000,000
70 IN-P 362,600,000
71 NJ-P 363,200,000
72 VW-P 365,400,000
73 KY-D 370,564,000
74 DE-P 373,400,000
75 DE-D 401,424,000
76 LA-D 402,204,000
77 OR-D 404,000,000
78 OH-D 414,832,000
79 RI-P 423,000,000
80 VT-P 423,400,000
81 NC-D 427,876,000
82 RI-D 447,100,000
83 GA-P 451,188,000
84 VT-D 459,404,000
85 GA-D 488,744,000
86 NH-D 495,976,000
87 MA-D 535,184,000
88 MD-D 556,532,000
89 SC-D 566,208,000
90 NY-D 619,640,000
91 NC-P 627,600,000
92 MA-P 628,600,000
93 VA-D 651,616,000
94 NY-P 655,400,000
95 CT-D 657,880,000
96 NH-P 673,040,000
97 MD-P 678,200,000
98 CT-P 688,744,000
99 SC-P 742,576,000
100 VA-P 943,000,000

Jerry
Old January 11th 09, 04:05 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Jerry Dennis" wrote in message
[...]

So here I am, right in the middle of the most prolific "VA-P", yet I see no
more of them in change than any other state quarters. What does it all
mean?

Old January 11th 09, 04:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

Is there any connection between the number of coins issued and the
population of a state?

The larger a state's population the larger the issue of coins? Billy

Old January 11th 09, 05:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

"note.boy" wrote in message
Is there any connection between the number of coins issued and the
population of a state?

The larger a state's population the larger the issue of coins?
Billy

No, based just on the Virginia and South Carolina mintages being at or
near the top. A cursory review shows an apparent tendency for there
to be more P than D mintages per state, but otherwise there is no
rhyme or reason to the mintage rankings. It must be due to other
year-to-year factors.

Old January 12th 09, 06:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jon Purkey

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 19:21:23 -0800 (PST), Jerry Dennis
wrote:

99 SC-P 742,576,000
100 VA-P 943,000,000

wow! More than a 200 million difference in the top 2.

What about proof (clad and silver) and mint set numbers?
Old January 12th 09, 06:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jon Purkey

On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 16:18:18 -0000, "note.boy"
wrote:

Is there any connection between the number of coins issued and the
population of a state?

The larger a state's population the larger the issue of coins? Billy

I assume the mint just mints quarters as they are needed, but the
population of each state would probably play a small factor in the
number of people saving coins for that state and maybe even the number
of BU coins that will be available long after we are all gone.

Old January 13th 09, 03:24 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

wrote:
99 �SC-P � � 742,576,000
100 VA-P � � 943,000,000

wow! �More than a 200 million difference in the top 2.

What about proof (clad and silver) and mint set numbers?

Can't help there. Perhaps when the 2009 or 2010 Red Books come out,
we'll be able to put those lists together. The list I compiled is for
circulation strikes only. However, it may or may not include mint
sets; the Mint's web site doesn't say one way or the other.

Jerry
Old January 16th 09, 12:23 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Terry

"note.boy" wrote in message
Is there any connection between the number of coins issued and the
population of a state?

The larger a state's population the larger the issue of coins? Billy

Well each Oklahoman got 1.5 rolls, and each Virginian got 3.36 rolls.
Probably has to do with economics.

[...]

LOOKING TO TRADE Statehood D quarters for Statehood P quarters... [email protected] Coins 0 March 4th 07 02:27 AM
2005 Statehood quarters Dogger Coins 1 June 29th 05 11:01 AM
Shampoo Toned statehood quarters Alan Williams Coins 7 December 21st 04 08:44 PM
What's the thinking in this ebay statehood quarters auction? frank wight Coins 1 November 8th 04 02:47 AM
Whitman Statehood Quarters Folder Randy Gress Coins 7 April 12th 04 09:46 PM