What Has Happened To Ebay??????

Old September 29th 10, 08:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Harvey[_2_]

Default What Has Happened To Ebay??????

Has anybody else noticed that on Ebay most of the sellers are now
using 'Buy it Now" with ridiculously high prices rather than starting
at a certain price and letting it be a real auction??
Your comments are welcome. TIA Harvey
Old September 30th 10, 01:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
sterrys@ no.spam.sbcglobal.net

Starting at the retial price and letting it be a real auction ?
Old October 1st 10, 04:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
howard

look at the BIN fees compared to the 9% fee up to $50.00

anything over $100.00 has lower BIN fee than the 9% up to $50.00 for the
"regular" auction

Old October 3rd 10, 11:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Gene85

With a lot of people leaving eBay is there another place to sell coins
like a national Craiglist? Selling on Craiglist the listing fee sure
beats eBay. Before eBay there were several online coin auctions. They
all died as everyone moved to eBay. Perhaps now is a good time for
someone to start one up again
Old October 5th 10, 06:31 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
HeeHawkeye

On Oct 3, 6:37*pm, Gene85 wrote:
With a lot of people leaving eBay is there another place to sell coins
like a national Craiglist? Selling on Craiglist the listing fee sure
beats eBay. Before eBay there were several online coin auctions. They
all died as everyone moved to eBay. Perhaps now is a good time for
someone to start one up again

Walmart will figure it out.
Old October 5th 10, 09:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Relayer

On Oct 3, 5:37*pm, Gene85 wrote:
With a lot of people leaving eBay is there another place to sell coins
like a national Craiglist? Selling on Craiglist the listing fee sure
beats eBay. Before eBay there were several online coin auctions. They
all died as everyone moved to eBay. Perhaps now is a good time for
someone to start one up again

The only thing I DONT like is when the picture is enhanced or the
price is out of line on shipping. I dont sell much but I do know how
much it cost when I do....
Old October 6th 10, 12:02 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

On Sep 29, 3:29*pm, Harvey wrote:
Has anybody else noticed that on Ebay most of the sellers are now
using 'Buy it Now" with ridiculously high prices rather than starting
at a certain price and letting it be a real auction??
Your comments are welcome. *TIA * Harvey

I just realized. Ebay is now hosed because Meg Whitman is gone. Wait
a minute. Wasn't that supposed to be a good thing? (Opening the door
for a severely OT political rant.)

Jerry
They're only a venue...
Old October 6th 10, 10:51 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ken Barr

In article ,
Gene85 wrote:

With a lot of people leaving eBay is there another place to sell coins
like a national Craiglist? Selling on Craiglist the listing fee sure
beats eBay. Before eBay there were several online coin auctions. They
all died as everyone moved to eBay. Perhaps now is a good time for
someone to start one up again

Just curious, what online coin auction sites did eBay kill?
I can't think of any offhand ...

Re a new site ... many have tried, all have failed. The list
of "eBay killer" auction sites is legion ...

--
Ken Barr Numismatics email:
P. O. Box 32541 website:
Old October 7th 10, 11:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

On Oct 6, 5:51*pm, Ken Barr wrote:

Just curious, what online coin auction sites did eBay kill? *
I can't think of any offhand ...

Yahoo auctions? I don't know, just a guess.

Old October 8th 10, 01:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
George Habrecht

The biggest issue with collectibles on eBay is that the site sold out
to the mega-seller a long time ago and disenfranchised its smaller
vendors.

Sure, they’ve tried to bring people back with no fee listing, etc.
The damage was already done. Forget the stamp marketplace. I listed
a couple of stamps only to have a mega-vendor report me after I
wouldn’t offer a return policy.

My feeling is that once I mail out the product, I no longer control it
anymore. What protects the small seller from an unscrupulous buyer
who purchases products and returns fakes in their place?

Despite a 100% positive feedback rating with a couple hundred
completed sales, eBay removed my listings and stated that they had
left the policing of those specialty areas to trusted moderators. In
my case I believe the person was a larger seller. Can anyone say
“conflict of interest”?