FA: counterstamps, paper money, numislit on eBay this week ...

Old January 13th 09, 05:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ken Barr

Default FA: counterstamps, paper money, numislit on eBay this week ...

FA: counterstamps, paper money and numislit closing on eBay this
week ...

Closing tomorrow night, Wednesday, January 14th:
Two counterstamped coins (A H BIXBY on 1842 large cent and WM J HILL
on 1847 Seated Liberty half dollar), both slabbed by NGC. Five small
size pieces of paper money plus a Newark NJ large size national and a
Prospect Park NJ small size national. Seven bulk lots of numismatic
auction catalogs on U. S. and world coin topics.

A complete list is available at:
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...d=kenbarrnumis

or search for sellerid kenbarrnumis
or click on the "eBay Listings" link on my homepage
http://www.kenbarr.com

Thanks!
Old January 13th 09, 05:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Ken Barr wrote:
FA: counterstamps, paper money and numislit closing on eBay this
week ...

Closing tomorrow night, Wednesday, January 14th:
Two counterstamped coins (A H BIXBY on 1842 large cent and WM J HILL
on 1847 Seated Liberty half dollar), both slabbed by NGC. Five small
size pieces of paper money plus a Newark NJ large size national and a
Prospect Park NJ small size national. Seven bulk lots of numismatic
auction catalogs on U. S. and world coin topics.

A complete list is available at:
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...d=kenbarrnumis

or search for sellerid kenbarrnumis
or click on the "eBay Listings" link on my homepage
http://www.kenbarr.com

Thanks!

Maybe I just didn't know this, but I see that countermarked coins are
slabbed as "Tokens."

James

Old January 13th 09, 08:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

Ken Barr wrote:
FA: counterstamps, paper money and numislit closing on eBay this
week ...

Closing tomorrow night, Wednesday, January 14th:
Two counterstamped coins (A H BIXBY on 1842 large cent and WM J HILL
on 1847 Seated Liberty half dollar), both slabbed by NGC. Five small
size pieces of paper money plus a Newark NJ large size national and a
Prospect Park NJ small size national. Seven bulk lots of numismatic
auction catalogs on U. S. and world coin topics.

A complete list is available at:
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...d=kenbarrnumis

or search for sellerid kenbarrnumis
or click on the "eBay Listings" link on my homepage
http://www.kenbarr.com

Thanks!

Maybe I just didn't know this, but I see that countermarked coins are
slabbed as "Tokens."

James

Presumably from the time of the countermark being applied they ceased to be
coins and became advertising tokens, a different numismatic category.

Collecting countermarked coins are certainly seen in the UK as a separate
activity from collecting non countermarked coins, I find some countermarks
fascinating, there is even a book about them, "British Countermarks on
Copper and Bronze Coins". This is not a catalogue of British coins that
have been countermarked but coins from all over, though mainly British, that
have been countermarked in the UK. Billy