Decided to try photographing a coin in detail

Old December 2nd 13, 04:45 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Paul Ciszek

Default Decided to try photographing a coin in detail

I recently obtained a 50mm macro lens for my micro four thirds camera,
and decided to try some macrophotography using extension tubes:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mount_evans/11133882464/

Right click and choose "Original" to zoom in to an absurd degree.

--
Please reply to: | "Try to imagine a row of computers programmed by
pciszek at panix dot com | hippies."

Old December 6th 13, 04:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Michael Benveniste[_2_]

On 12/2/2013 10:45 AM, Paul Ciszek wrote:
I recently obtained a 50mm macro lens for my micro four thirds camera,
and decided to try some macrophotography using extension tubes:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mount_evans/11133882464/

Nice. I've been playing with a Nikon V1 and low-powered microscope for
a trifle closer look:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28709333@N08/11230854323/

--
Mike Benveniste -- (Clarification Required)
You don't have to sort of enhance reality. There is nothing

Old December 6th 13, 06:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Paul Ciszek

In article ,
Michael Benveniste wrote:
On 12/2/2013 10:45 AM, Paul Ciszek wrote:
I recently obtained a 50mm macro lens for my micro four thirds camera,
and decided to try some macrophotography using extension tubes:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mount_evans/11133882464/

Nice. I've been playing with a Nikon V1 and low-powered microscope for
a trifle closer look:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28709333@N08/11230854323/

What exactly are we looking at? What are the dimensions?

Old December 6th 13, 10:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Michael Benveniste[_2_]

On 12/6/2013 12:36 PM, Paul Ciszek wrote:

What exactly are we looking at? What are the dimensions?

Half the date from a circulated 1952 U.S. Cent. Call it 3.5mm x 2.35mm.

Old December 9th 13, 04:31 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
ruben safir

On Mon, 02 Dec 2013 15:45:30 +0000, Paul Ciszek wrote:

I recently obtained a 50mm macro lens for my micro four thirds camera,
and decided to try some macrophotography using extension tubes:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mount_evans/11133882464/

Right click and choose "Original" to zoom in to an absurd degree.

it doesn't work for me. It just gives a yahoo log in. Do you want a
better palce to put them?

--
The Coin Hangout: http://www.coinhangout.com/home
Old December 9th 13, 09:28 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Paul Ciszek

In article ,
ruben safir wrote:
On Mon, 02 Dec 2013 15:45:30 +0000, Paul Ciszek wrote:

I recently obtained a 50mm macro lens for my micro four thirds camera,
and decided to try some macrophotography using extension tubes:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mount_evans/11133882464/

Right click and choose "Original" to zoom in to an absurd degree.

it doesn't work for me. It just gives a yahoo log in. Do you want a
better palce to put them?

Sorry, in between the time I first posted this and today I have joined
a sort of user revolt agains Flickr, and removed my images. Fortunately
Ipernity has offered a tool for recreating one's account on their site.

http://www.ipernity.com/doc/mount_ev...n/album/577673

The interface is a little different. Look for "more options" to the right
of the image, this should give you a drop-down list with "see all sizes"
as one of the options. "original size" seems to be giving me some
difficulty for some reason, so you might have to settle for the next size
down from that, 2048 pixels or so.

Old December 10th 13, 02:12 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
ruben safir

On Mon, 09 Dec 2013 08:28:00 +0000, Paul Ciszek wrote:

In article ,
ruben safir wrote:
[...]

OK - but if you want, I can give you your own webspace on the NYKXS web
server.

Ruben

--
The Coin Hangout: http://www.coinhangout.com/home
Old December 10th 13, 02:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
ruben safir

OK - but if you want, I can give you your own webspace on the NYKXS web
server.

Ruben

or you can put it here.
http://www.coinhangout.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=photo

--
The Coin Hangout: http://www.coinhangout.com/home
Old December 14th 13, 08:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Paul Ciszek

In article ,
ruben safir wrote:

OK - but if you want, I can give you your own webspace on the NYKXS web
server.

Ruben

or you can put it here.
http://www.coinhangout.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=photo

I am not a serious coin guy. If you want to put the photo there, go
ahead.

--
Please reply to: |"We establish no religion in this country, we command
pciszek at panix | no worship, we mandate no belief, nor will we ever.
Autoreply disabled | --Ronald Reagan, October 26, 1984