Kevin's IN PERSON 411...9/7

Old September 8th 03, 06:54 PM
GraphRackr

Default Kevin's IN PERSON 411...9/7

Hey Hey Hey....

The second day of ABC Primetime weekend wasn't as crowded as the first, but
there appeared to be alot more autograph seekers walking the park. The escort
hosts (1 was assigned to each celebrity VIP) were a little more relaxed today,
and didn't really try to prevent the stars from stopping to sign or pose for
photos. Still exhausted from running around in 97 degree heat the previous
day, it was back to chasing all again.

The Bachelor - ANDREW FIRESTONE & JENNIFER SCHEFFT are alot more popular than I
expected. They still don't understand the autograph thing and their
"celebrity" status, but welcomed the attention stopping for anyone that asked.

My Wife & Kids - DAMON WAYANS did not attend, and the fan events were
cancelled. However, I did spot TISHA CAMPBELL-MARTIN buying ice cream, and she
happily signed for me.

Karen Sisco - ROBERT FORSTER walked around and got alot of, "Hey, you're that
guy from that movie", but wasn't really bothered for autographs. I never saw
CARLA GUGINO.

It's All Relative - I have no idea who anyone on this show is, and couldn't
spot them if they were standing at the next urinal in the men's room.

I'm With Her - TERI POLO was great, signing and posing with fans.

Less Than Perfect - SARA RUE cancelled. ANDREA PARKER, ANDY DICK, and ERIC
ROBERTS were all great, but ZACHARY LEVI gets my vote for nicest celebrity of
the entire weekend. It was known that there were no real autograph sessions or
meet and greets, but this guy started his own session. After doing press, he
walked out and sat under a tree, meeting fans, posing for photos and signing
autographs. He asked everyone to line up, and promised to see everyone. He
made alot of people's day by standing in the heat a good 2 hours.

The Practice - MICHAEL BADALUCCO, CAMRYN MANHEIM, RHONA MITRA, and JESSICA
CAPSHAW didn't turn down anyone's request.

NYPD BLUE - This was the big draw of the day. ESAI MORALES should take a lesson
from his elder co-stars, DENNIS FRANZ and GORDON CLAPP. While the latter two
would sign as much as possible, ESAI was pretty nasty throughout the day.
HENRY SIMMONS and JACQUELINE OBRADORS were also super, thanking fans for asking
for autographs and for watching the show.

8 Simple Rules - For some strange reason JOHN RITTER was the biggest draw of
the day. Middle aged women were going nuts for good ol' Jack Tripper. His
host escort was the nastiest we encountered the entire weekend. She was so
rude, I filed a complaint against her. While JOHN was walking and signing for
us, she said, "He's not signing anymore autographs" and pushed me fairly hard.
I told her she wasn't allowed to physically put her hands on me, and she didn't
have to be so rude. She said, "I can do whatever I want to make sure he gets
to where he needs to be" and shoved me out of the way. After the photo
session, he was walking and signing again, and she was pushing people out of
the way, "NO AUTOGRAPHS NO AUTOGRAPHS". We saw him a few times throughout the
day, and he was very accomodating throughout. KATEY SAGAL was great in the
morning, signing everything put in front of her. Others that asked her later
in the day got the, "Not right now" line. MARTIN SPANJERS signed sporadically
throughout the day. AMY DAVIDSON signed anything and everything. KALEY CUOCO
was the best. As she was walking, people started to approach her to sign and
get photos with. Her host escort said, "Sorry, she's not signing autographs.",
and KALEY replied, "If you think I'm not going to stop for these people, you're
escorting the wrong person."

That's it for now...
Kevin

Old September 14th 03, 07:13 PM
Dahoov2

VERY nice report. Loved the Dennis Franz report as I like him (class
actor) as for Esai, he's not the class actor nor person apparently as
Franz... so no big loss if he didn't sign!

And good to see that Ritter accommodated consider the rude woman and
if she'd of pushed me and I wasn't doing anything other than asking
for a sig, you'd of seen me on CNN or Entertainment tonight on a
mugshot... I don't go for that. You showed some nice restraint...

Comment on the Lopez report earlier...I don't know if that was a great
comment to make though true as it is... maybe it hurt his feelings.
But he signed which was cool and he didn't make a rude Ebay comment
like no, you'll sell them on Ebay. At least he still signed.
.... on the other hand maybe the comment made him think you weren't a
"dealer". Who knows.

Nice reports. a lot of fun to read and in all that heat, you sure
deserved the sigs you got.