Newbie here-- Help appraise my coins or a link to where I can... (Gold coins)

Old March 20th 05, 06:00 AM
Unemployed

Default Newbie here-- Help appraise my coins or a link to where I can... (Gold coins)

I think I got shafted. Anyone who 'knows' will probably cringe when I
say I bought from Lear Financial.....

Anyhow, I have 6 $10 coins ( all NGC graded at MS63 with the shiny
hologram and all, and 3 $2 1/2 coins graded at MS61.)

Here's what I have...first the $10's....

1893 -no mint mark
1894 -no mint mark
1900 -no mint mark
1901- no mint mark ( quantity 2)
1906 -D

and the $2 1/2's....
1908- no mint mark
1912 -no mint mark
1929- no mint mark

From what I gather, I paid a fair amount too much. Not the worst
ripoff in the world, but gold better go up quite a bit !

If anyone has the time and expertise, I'd appreciate at least some
ballpark guesses. I checked PCGS and their prices are waaaay lower
than what I paid. I'd just like to know how bad, if at all, I got
shafted....

So , if you have the time and the ability, I'd appreciate it quite
alot.

Thanks for any help. ( values, ideas, links, etc...)

Paul.

Old March 20th 05, 06:27 AM
Wes Chormicle

I don't have my grey sheets in front of me (Dealer price lists), but if you
go to a dealer, you'll get WAY less then the PCGS prices. Try looking them
up on eBAy and see what recent examples have sold for.

What city and state are you in, maybe we can send you to someone for a fair
appraisal.

Wes

"Unemployed" wrote in message
news
I think I got shafted. Anyone who 'knows' will probably cringe when I
say I bought from Lear Financial.....

Anyhow, I have 6 $10 coins ( all NGC graded at MS63 with the shiny
hologram and all, and 3 $2 1/2 coins graded at MS61.)

Here's what I have...first the $10's....

1893 -no mint mark
1894 -no mint mark
1900 -no mint mark
1901- no mint mark ( quantity 2)
1906 -D

and the $2 1/2's....
1908- no mint mark
1912 -no mint mark
1929- no mint mark

From what I gather, I paid a fair amount too much. Not the worst
ripoff in the world, but gold better go up quite a bit !

If anyone has the time and expertise, I'd appreciate at least some
ballpark guesses. I checked PCGS and their prices are waaaay lower
than what I paid. I'd just like to know how bad, if at all, I got
shafted....

So , if you have the time and the ability, I'd appreciate it quite
alot.

Thanks for any help. ( values, ideas, links, etc...)

Paul.

---

Old March 20th 05, 06:34 AM
Dr. Richard L. Hall

The PCGS price board http://www.pcgs.com/prices/ lists the "retail" price of
the $10 coins in MS63 as $950 each and the $2 1/2 gold coins as $265 in MS60
and $625 in MS62.

"Unemployed" wrote in message
news
I think I got shafted. Anyone who 'knows' will probably cringe when I
say I bought from Lear Financial.....

Anyhow, I have 6 $10 coins ( all NGC graded at MS63 with the shiny
hologram and all, and 3 $2 1/2 coins graded at MS61.)

Here's what I have...first the $10's....

1893 -no mint mark
1894 -no mint mark
1900 -no mint mark
1901- no mint mark ( quantity 2)
1906 -D

and the $2 1/2's....
1908- no mint mark
1912 -no mint mark
1929- no mint mark

From what I gather, I paid a fair amount too much. Not the worst
ripoff in the world, but gold better go up quite a bit !

If anyone has the time and expertise, I'd appreciate at least some
ballpark guesses. I checked PCGS and their prices are waaaay lower
than what I paid. I'd just like to know how bad, if at all, I got
shafted....

So , if you have the time and the ability, I'd appreciate it quite
alot.

Thanks for any help. ( values, ideas, links, etc...)

Paul.

Toning: real, artificial, in between? -- periodic post Reid Goldsborough Coins 0 January 11th 04 09:01 PM
Counterfeit detection primer -- periodic post Jim Coins 19 November 17th 03 06:37 AM
FS: Topps Coins Max Gratton Baseball 0 September 29th 03 02:25 PM
Help on telling repro Linda Coins 11 July 30th 03 02:03 AM