Met Mr. Jaggers on 5/12 @ CSNS

Old May 14th 07, 01:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

Default Met Mr. Jaggers on 5/12 @ CSNS

I had the great pleasure of meeting Mr. Jaggers in person at Central
States in STL on Saturday, May 12.

I now wish that we could have talked longer; we were blocking the
aisles, I suppose (he and I can each do a good job of that all by
ourselves!). It was a pleasant conversation on the French language
and RCC.

I was also looking for Ira and Jess Patrick on Friday and Saturday; I
found Jess first and then kinda stopped looking. Perhaps Ira wasn't
being flamboyent enough this year in STL!

The STL/ Mid-America penny squishing group had a great meeting too.

oly

Old May 14th 07, 01:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Amistad

"oly" happily reported to the group:
I had the great pleasure of meeting Mr. Jaggers in person...

Good show, oly! That is something that I hope to be able to do one day
before my corpulent frame assumes room temperature...

Amistad
'have enjoyed emailing with him for a long time'

Old May 14th 07, 01:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

"oly" wrote in message
oups.com...
I had the great pleasure of meeting Mr. Jaggers in person at Central
States in STL on Saturday, May 12.

I now wish that we could have talked longer; we were blocking the
aisles, I suppose (he and I can each do a good job of that all by
ourselves!). It was a pleasant conversation on the French language
and RCC.

I was also looking for Ira and Jess Patrick on Friday and Saturday; I
found Jess first and then kinda stopped looking. Perhaps Ira wasn't
being flamboyent enough this year in STL!

The STL/ Mid-America penny squishing group had a great meeting too.

Oly, it was also my pleasure to finally meet up with you, but by the time I
noticed your name tag at CSNS, I was pretty exhaused and ready to leave. I
had made a dinner appointment with a friend of mine at a German restaurant
on the way home (the wiener schnitzel was superb, by the way, ya shudda been
there with us!). We'll have to plan to spend more time at the next
intersection. As for Ira, I saw and talked with him early on both Thursday
and Friday, but he disappeared from my view after that. I talked with him
on the cell one time.

Michael Doran, ANA Governor candidate and longtime numismatic friend, was
also in attendance both days I was there. Some here will remember dondi3,
who was a regular here until AOL pulled the plug on newsgroups. He wasn't
set up, but was roaming the bourse floor. I suppose there were other RCC
folks there as well, but it's not always easy to ID them.

All in all, it was a great show, and I brought home a few new treasures.
Now, about the rest of this month's grocery money...

James
'à bientôt, oly!'

Old May 14th 07, 07:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
dorancoins

Here is how my day at CSNS went:

I was at the CSNS show on Friday for the club breakfast banquet and to
do some campaigning (for those who have either been stuck in a cave
for a long time or have not read the numismatic press since the last
ice age, I am running for the ANA board). It was a good day for me
considering I got up for the show at 3:30am, and left Greenup at
4:30pm. Gassed up the van and got a snack in Effingham, and westward I
go. Went to Fairview Heights and took the Metrolink, the area light
rail transit system, into St. Louis (upon the suggestion of CSNS
governor Jack Huggins, who is familiar with the area). Arrived at my
stop at the convention center at 7:25, and headed for the Holiday Inn
Select, where the breakfast was being held.

Now, the breakfast was fine (all you can eat buffet with lots of eggs,
bacon, sausage, toast omelettes, and my all-time favorite, biscuits
and gravy ) and I had the chance to meet most of the representatives
from the different clubs. States represented are Illinois, Indiana,
Wisconsin, Ohio, Kentucky, Missouri, and Florida (FUN is a CSNS
member). Each of the clubs told those present of different club
activities and also areas of concern. Everyone there enjoyed the
breakfast and CSNS will have it at their next convention in Chicago in
2008 (looking forward to that.)

The bourse - a few empty tables but there was some decent activity on
the bourse floor. There were some really good exhibits, as the CSNS is
well known for. I passed out campaign flyers to the dealers and talked
with some of them. Lots of questions and suggestions. Most common
remarks from the dealers and show goers is that the ANA needs change.
A few were defending the regime, but then they are entitled to who
they vote for. Also, I had the pleasure of meeting the other
candidates for ANA board there (Joe Boling, Ed Rochette, Radford
Stearns, Chet Krause, Cliff Mishler, Don Dool, Carl Schwenker, and
John Eshbach). Quite a likable group. And I saw some of the current
regime there (ANA President Bill Horton, VP Barry Stuppler, Executive
Director Chris Cipoletti, and Governors Patti Finner, Prue Fitts, and
Don Kagin). Talked to Kagin and former governor Art Fitts (a returning
candidate) very briefly but no one else as they looked awfully glum
and I think that they (the regime) did not acknowledge my presence
there (as I figured as much). The numismatic media was present - NN
with its editor Dave Harper and CW with one of their employees. I did
see Bob Olson and others who I cannot remember their names off the top
of my head (my apologies), and I had the opportunity to talk to them.
Outside of some sore feet and stiff legs, I was very energized and had
a lot of fun Friday. And thats a wrap!