A Success!! Another 1986 Met!

Old July 28th 06, 09:09 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
pe2

Default A Success!! Another 1986 Met!

Hey All-

"Mike the mailman" brings 1 Success today.

1986 Met Pitcher Rick Anderson.

Address used:

Rick Anderson
c/o Minnesota Twins
34 Kirby Puckett Place,
Minneapolis, MN 55415
USA

Thanks to Den for posting-

Happy Hunting-
pe2

Old July 28th 06, 09:10 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
pe2

oh....success rate-

2 for 8 right now.

pe2

Old July 29th 06, 05:59 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
[email protected]

Mike,

Im happy your getting some back. Its wonderfull, when you can get a
real sig for the price of stamps.

I find when working with the players, that many are happy to sign for
free in the mail, but there al also some who belive, if they
do.............

They wont be able to do shows and sell their sigs..

One former Detroit Tiger, who was a many time All Star, said to me "
If I sign for free in the mail, nobody will want to come out to a show
and pay for one, Im stabbing myself in the back"

Always happy to help my collecting friends out.

Dennis

Old July 29th 06, 03:53 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Do you believe that comment about him stabbing himself in a back?
It's ridiculous
1) When you are nice to people, they remember it. Many have told me
they'd come to a show and buy more just because they were kind to
them.
2) people still like to meet people in person and still like to get
photos of and with them
3) Not everyone knows about writing ttm, feels comfortable signing ttm
and to be honest, the biggest crowd percentage of people at shows are
either dealer, or people off the street who hear about the event in
their area; and are not collectors. The ttm percentage crowd would be
minor in comparison.

It's just either because he doesn't want to sign, doesn't understand
how it works, or it's about $

Old July 29th 06, 05:37 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
pe2

Heck-

I remember getting Al Kaline in the mail for "free" many years ago. I also
saw he did the former Tuff Stuff show in Chantilly (VA) not long ago. I
believe if you are a TRUE fan of a particular person/celeb-you take the
opportunity to travel (like I do) and go meet them in person as well. Even
if you have to pay for the autograph/meet and greet!

And Den-there are some celebrities out there who do the shows for extra $$$
only, and then there some celebs who who make the money, but still ENJOY
meeting the fans!

Good example-the original Hazzard cast, and the Dukefest that was started
back in 1999. Initially, they weren't charging, but as time has passed each
one now is charging a small fee thanks to eBay, as they say. But still,
they're having a blast meeting all the fans-and you can genuinely tell it! I
recently read an article where Tom Wopat was overwelmed by the affection of
the Hazzard fans, even in today's time huh?!!!

ps.com...