Label ID.

Old May 29th 09, 01:45 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default Label ID.

Anyone recognise this label?
http://cjoint.com/data/fDcSoebuTA.htm

Thanks.

Old May 29th 09, 04:05 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On May 28, 8:45*pm, "rodney" wrote:
Anyone recognise this label?http://cjoint.com/data/fDcSoebuTA.htm

Thanks.

It looks like a trading stamp, similar to Green Stamps (Green Shield
stamps) or Gold Bond Stamps.
..
You got one stamp for each ? cents spent at participating merchants
(in my case 10 cents per stamp) and then you redeemed booklets
of stamps for gifts from a catalogue.

We have discussed same here before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trading_stamp

Blair
Old May 29th 09, 04:38 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On May 28, 8:45*pm, "rodney" wrote:
Anyone recognise this label?http://cjoint.com/data/fDcSoebuTA.htm

Thanks.

PS : Kirégal was a diversified food product company.

They had a cheese company in Alsace-Lorraine.
http://i.ebayimg.com/24/!BPT-wfgBWk~$(KGrHgoOKk!EjlLmYq-kBJy-zP6eMQ~~_12.JPG

They also made chocolates and cheese paste. .
http://images.delcampe.com/img_large...81/643_001.jpg
http://i.ebayimg.com/21/!BPU!bHwCGk~$(KGrHgoOKjgEjlLmZyqPBJy-4!TSNw~~_12.JPG

Blair

Old May 29th 09, 07:23 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ryan Davenport

Blair wrote:
On May 28, 8:45 pm, "rodney" wrote:
Anyone recognise this label?http://cjoint.com/data/fDcSoebuTA.htm

Thanks.

PS : Kirégal was a diversified food product company.

They had a cheese company in Alsace-Lorraine.
http://i.ebayimg.com/24/!BPT-wfgBWk~$(KGrHgoOKk!EjlLmYq-kBJy-zP6eMQ~~_12.JPG

eBay France has a category devoted to cheese labels.

http://tinyurl.com/nd826x

If anybody thinks you're dull because you collect stamps, try
telling them you also collect cheese labels. I wonder what their
reaction to that might be ...

Ryan
Old May 29th 09, 08:15 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

You ask that "anybody" if he would prefer a cheese label collector as his
neighbor,
or perhaps a fellow that is building nuclear weapons.
We may be dull, but we are harmless.
I would suggest South Koreans would vote overwhelmingly for cheese label
collectors.

"Ryan Davenport"

Old May 29th 09, 08:19 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Thank you Blair,
I googled without success.

Old May 29th 09, 08:56 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

rodney wrote:
Thank you Blair,
I googled without success.

Did you try with the 'e' acute, though?

Tony
Old May 29th 09, 10:04 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

Hi Rod.

Don't know if you have them in Australia but here in Canada fruit and
vegetables in supermarkets have small sticky labels with code numbers. I
have been collecting them for some 5 years and have close to 3000 different.
People think I'm peaceful .... but nuts.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

Old May 29th 09, 10:15 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

No Tony, I have not mastered that at all,
I cannot even get a GBP sign happening
in my emails it turns up as an ?

"Asia-translation"

Old May 29th 09, 10:30 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Nuts maybe Tony,
and very brave, coming out an announcing this to the world

I go every Friday to the local mart auction,
and met a guy today who collected Pickle Jars. (Goodness)
Lo and behold, whilst there
I picked up 4 Australian first flight covers
I am still drooling,
and will be bragging about them soon on this NG.

A curious paradox, people who are nuts, are rarely dull.

"Tony Vella" wrote in message
Hi Rod.

Don't know if you have them in Australia but here in Canada fruit and
vegetables in supermarkets have small sticky labels with code numbers. I
have been collecting them for some 5 years and have close to 3000
different. People think I'm peaceful .... but nuts.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
http://www.amedialuz.ca/

How do you label your 2 X 2's? varois83 Coins 11 April 7th 07 03:34 PM
New SEGS label? Slabtastic Coins 0 November 26th 05 05:10 AM
Perhaps a new 8-track label? Jonny the 8-Tracker! 8 Track Tapes 26 May 23rd 05 02:03 AM
Don't judge an ink by its label! [email protected] Pens & Pencils 0 February 8th 05 10:06 PM
Will there be a 03 Gold Label Set?, Anyone have any info? dougefresh Baseball 0 August 23rd 03 01:55 PM