Bulgaria id please

Old June 18th 08, 03:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

Default Bulgaria id please

http://cjoint.com/data/gsexBtVZ4X.htm

Can someone please give me the date of issue on this one. It's probably
catalogue-blindness again. Thanks in advance.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Old June 18th 08, 03:59 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Hello Tony,
SG1259 (1961) 4st
tourist issue photo
just says "hotel"

I have problems also with Bulgaria, the health spas etc
so you are not on your pat malone there

Old June 18th 08, 04:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Gerhard Reichert

Tony Vella schrieb:
http://cjoint.com/data/gsexBtVZ4X.htm

Can someone please give me the date of issue on this one. It's probably
catalogue-blindness again. Thanks in advance.

Hi Tony,

1961, August 25th, set of four, Michel number 1250

kind regards

Gerhard
Old June 18th 08, 05:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Jun 17, 10:25 pm, "Tony Vella" wrote:
http://cjoint.com/data/gsexBtVZ4X.htm

Can someone please give me the date of issue on this one. It's probably
catalogue-blindness again. Thanks in advance.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canadahttp://amedialuz.shorturl.com/

Tony:

I have looked at my Scotts for over 1 hour and found it.

It is Scott 1170 (SG 1262) issued 25 Aug 1961.

Scott 1170 - 1173 is a Hiking set of 4 values
(4, 12, 16 st, and 1.25 lev).

The 4 stot. (horizontal) showing a 'Sredetz' hostel ,
yellow-green, yellow and black is NOT illustrated.

Blair

..
Old June 18th 08, 12:26 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

"Blair (TC)" wrote in message
On Jun 17, 10:25 pm, "Tony Vella" wrote:
http://cjoint.com/data/gsexBtVZ4X.htm

Can someone please give me the date of issue on this one. It's probably
catalogue-blindness again. Thanks in advance.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canadahttp://amedialuz.shorturl.com/

Tony:

I have looked at my Scotts for over 1 hour and found it.

It is Scott 1170 (SG 1262) issued 25 Aug 1961.

Scott 1170 - 1173 is a Hiking set of 4 values
(4, 12, 16 st, and 1.25 lev).

The 4 stot. (horizontal) showing a 'Sredetz' hostel ,
yellow-green, yellow and black is NOT illustrated.

Thank you Blair, Rodney, Gerhard. I got my hands on a couple of dozen
Bulgaria and that was the only one I couldn't find. At first I went by
instinct that the "artwork" looked like 50s, 60s or 70s but when I went
through those years again and again and didn't find it I decided I might as
well go through the rest. Bulgaria, indeed, has a way of doing this to
me -- I get catalogue-blindness with just about every new batch I acquire.
Thanks again, guys, for spending the time.
--
Tony

Old June 18th 08, 01:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Jun 18, 7:26 am, "Tony Vella" wrote:
"Blair (TC)" wrote in message

[...]

No problem Tony.

I find it difficult to sort through their issues, when it seems that
they issued
tons of thematic sets and nearly every one had a a bunch of low
values
(to sell to collectors of course).

Scott could do with a few more , clearer illustrations IMHO.

Blair
Old June 18th 08, 01:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

I am one quarter the way through images of all Bulgaria to 1990
I have 892 scans
a quick search of 4 stotinki brought up 20 issues (but not Tony's

Amazingly I have every image of the 892 stamps in just one image
which comes out to 4.3 MB

If you want to see what it looks like in normal resolution
http://cjoint.com/data/gso0gEY0HT.htm

A click on "view actual size" and it "pings" to life.
(on my computer)

"Blair (TC)"

Old February 21st 11, 08:06 PM
ilico ilico is offline
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodney View Post
"Blair (TC)"
I find it difficult to sort through their issues, when it seems that
they issued tons of thematic sets and nearly every one had a a bunch of
low
values (to sell to collectors of course).
Scott could do with a few more , clearer illustrations IMHO.
Blair
Hello guys,

I am new here but if you have problems with Bulgarian stamps don't hesitate to ask me -

Regards,
Tommy

Bulgaria - one for Bob Blair (TC) General Discussion 1 April 27th 07 03:41 PM
Seek Bulgaria ID Rod General Discussion 6 March 22nd 07 12:56 AM
Bulgaria issues "treasures of Bulgaria" coin stonej Coins 0 May 19th 06 11:48 AM
coins from Bulgaria Ivo Shahanov Coins 0 December 1st 03 04:07 PM
WTB: Bulgaria Rick Simpson Marketplace 0 November 21st 03 05:40 AM