BNR turns down article on processing/repairing notes after showing it to advertisers

Old August 24th 05, 07:49 PM
stonej

Default BNR turns down article on processing/repairing notes after showing it to advertisers

According to a person on the Collectors Universe currency message
board. They submitted a well documented research
paper on the subject but Bank Note Reporter apparently was
nervous about it and showed it to several of their big
advertisers who did not like it so they dropped plans
to print it.

Very interesting. If true (and I have no reason to suspect
otherwise) this is a very disturbing situation when advertisers
can dictate coverage (or non coverage on a subject they
don't like).

The author has been encouraged to put the article on a web
site and he is considering the idea.

Old September 3rd 05, 01:23 AM
Ed. Stoebenau

On 24 Aug 2005 11:49:27 -0700, "stonej"
wrote:

According to a person on the Collectors Universe currency message
board. They submitted a well documented research
paper on the subject but Bank Note Reporter apparently was
nervous about it and showed it to several of their big
advertisers who did not like it so they dropped plans
to print it.

Very interesting. If true (and I have no reason to suspect
otherwise) this is a very disturbing situation when advertisers
can dictate coverage (or non coverage on a subject they
don't like).

Do you have a link to this? I couldn't it find it on their board
back when you posted this, and it sounds interesting (and what
I've heard about BNR not that surprising, which is even more
reason for confirmation.)

--
Ed. Stoebenau
a #143

FAST MONEY!$!$ READ!!! I THOUGHT IT WAS A SCAM TOO!! IT REALLY WORKS!$!!$ citymouse Football (US) 0 February 17th 05 01:28 PM
Coming soon to a article near you! Roscoe Coins 4 March 15th 04 06:40 PM
Cash NOW! Amy Crider Paper Money 0 December 15th 03 05:22 AM
SO TRY THIS, 6 DOLLAR INVESTMENT TURNS MONEY INTO GOLD Babs BLK Paper Money 0 December 4th 03 05:54 AM