My Frustrating Romanian Souvenir Sheets

Old April 28th 14, 03:52 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

Default My Frustrating Romanian Souvenir Sheets

May I introduce you to new article that refers to some souvenir sheets
issued by the Romanian Post over a decade, starting by the year 1971.

Before 1971 the stately owned State Commercial Enterprise Philately (ICS
Filatelia) strongly limited the number of issues to be sold over their face
value to collectors, like the Olympic Games in Innsbruck (1963), Olympic
Games in Tokyo and World Cosmonauts (1964). The situation changed radically
on July 23, 1971, the day that was and will remain a black one for the
Romanian philately, the day when was issued the imperforated souvenir sheet
named Soyuz 11, dedicated to the death during their mission of three Soviet
cosmonauts. Unlike whatever happened before, this souvenir sheet, followed
by others, most of them covering high-interest topics such as the conquest
of the outer space and Olympic games, could not be purchased legally in
Romania , the country on whose behalf it was issued.

More he
http://www.marci-postale.com/History...ion-sheets.htm

--
Victor Manta, PWO, AIJP

Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/
Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/

Old April 28th 14, 04:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir F.A. Rien[_2_]

Unlike whatever happened before, this souvenir sheet, followed
by others, most of them covering high-interest topics such as the conquest
of the outer space and Olympic games, could not be purchased legally in
Romania , the country on whose behalf it was issued.

Time to revive the "International Black Blot Society" ?
Old July 10th 14, 02:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Sir F.A. Rien" wrote in message
Unlike whatever happened before, this souvenir sheet, followed
by others, most of them covering high-interest topics such as the conquest
of the outer space and Olympic games, could not be purchased legally in
Romania , the country on whose behalf it was issued.

Time to revive the "International Black Blot Society" ?

I'm not sure that I understand your comment/joke. Could you be more
explicit? TIA.

--
Victor Manta

Old October 7th 14, 01:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Jeffry Johnson

On Thursday, July 10, 2014 9:58:37 AM UTC-4, Victor Manta wrote:
"Sir F.A. Rien" wrote in message

Time to revive the "International Black Blot Society" ?

I'm not sure that I understand your comment/joke. Could you be more

explicit? TIA.

The American Philatelic Society (APS) announced its Black Blot program in the 1962 April issue of "The American Philatelist".

See "Black Blot 1962 * 1977 the first years of an APS education program", compiled by Barbara W. de Violini, 1978 American Philatelic Society.

Quote:
Black Blots are assessed against postal emissions, at the time their issue is announced, for at least one of the following deficiencies:
1. a limited printing, or limited "on sale" time in the country of origin;
2. an excessively extended issue;
3. unwarranted high value included;
4. no direct relationship to the issuing country; and,
5. oddities intentionally included with the issue.
Also see John Hotchner's "Trashy Labels".
http://www.virtualstampclub.com/hotchner_36.html
Old October 7th 14, 10:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Sir F.A. Rien" wrote in message

[...]

Thank you very much, Jeffry, for your precious explanations.

--
Victor Manta, PWO, AIJP