Title cards for a Rowe LaserStar

Old November 8th 11, 01:02 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Bernie Cosell

Default Title cards for a Rowe LaserStar

I have _just_ gotten a LaserStar and it is a beautiful thing [I previously
owned a Seeburg HF100R]. But I'm truly daunted by it. I haven't yet
figured out the complications with putting CDs into it and having it "load"
them [whatever that does], but one thing I'm messing with [as I prepare to
burn CDs for it] is how to make title cards for it. It looks like printing
on light card stock [which my printer will do] will work.

Has anyone put together anything to help layout one of the title cards? It
looks like the actual "info" part is about 2 15/16 by 3 1/2. I'm thinking
that it'd be possible to do a not-too-complicated ms-word template that'd
do four-per page [then one would just have to separate them and pop them
in]. Has anyone done anything like that? Are there any other tips/tricks
for doing title cards on a computer?

THANKS!
/Bernie\
--
Bernie Cosell Fantasy Farm Fibers
Pearisburg, VA
Old November 8th 11, 05:06 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

Bernie Cosell wrote:
[...]

Get the software from http://lowprofilesoftware.com/ . Their program
reads the code number of the CD and produces the label for you.

The cost is not bad considering the time saved! Plus you can organize
your CDs, etc..

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
Old November 8th 11, 02:35 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Bernie Cosell

}
} Get the software from http://lowprofilesoftware.com/ . Their program
} reads the code number of the CD and produces the label for you.

Their software looks good -- I'll give it a try. 'reading the code #'
won't work for me because *every* CD in the machine will be one that I burn
but it says the info can be entered manually, so that should do the trick.

THANKS!!!

/Bernie\
Old November 23rd 11, 11:33 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Bernie Cosell

John Robertson wrote:

} Get the software from http://lowprofilesoftware.com/ . Their program
} reads the code number of the CD and produces the label for you.

Just a followup: I got their software [JukeCD] and it is a *great* app. I
highly recommend it. It'll do CDDB and do labels kind of automatically,
but I've been burning my own CDs and it was still easy to set up the
labels, tweak their layout and they fit in the machine perfectly. Very
nice stuff! Thanks for the pointer!!

/Bernie\