great story from comic con

Old August 5th 07, 07:23 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

Default great story from comic con

so comic con came and went...got just about everyone who was there on
my own personal items...saw some people i didn't expect to see like
jennifer love hewitt and kiefer sutherland (didn't see him myself, but
was told he was doing a signing)...was told about some parties and got
some folks there (including the very un nice ed norton who still
refused to sign american history x photos OR take a photo with a fan.)
but still managed to get him, liv tyler, robert downey jr (on new iron
man photos- he's gonna get sick of that quick), the always super nice
(i'm saying this sarcastically, as she's not nice and when she does
sign the whole "i better not see this on ebay" story comes up really
fast)...wandered around an upstairs area and watched as the whole cast
of heroes walked out a little door and were startled to see 7 dingbat
jedis having a lightsaber fight in the hallway...the entire cast of
heroes walks out of a room and everyone is fixed on the supernerds
breaking their $100 lightsabers. whatever...i still got a few of them
before they were besieged by a reporters asking dumb questions (word
to the wise, know something about the show before you ask stupid
questions about what the show is about.) no one hassling them for
autographs (except me and some girl who was just wandering around as
well)- they were all too busy watching the jedi's..
anyway, i was loitering about a hallway after a panel with the
smallville people (erica durance and laura vandervoort who i think is
now supergirl)...and they were having an interesting conversation...
with no one sitting in the halls except me, laura looks at erica and
says "i thought they just wanted me to sign autographs at a booth and
that would be it...but these idiots all want to shake my hand and take
a picture with me...AND an autograph. i feel so icky." and then went
on to say," can't they just look at me and listen to us talk and
that's it? these people make me sick."
so, needless to say, i didn't approach for an autograph...and i
realize this girl has the same crappy attitude about signing as the
rest of the cast (michael rosenbaum the lone exception)..and she isn't
even a name on the show yet...
is there any way to get this show cancelled so these horrible,
arrogant untalented people can get off the air and have to struggle
with their jobs like the rest of us? any at all?
oh well, now i'm just griping, just sending a note about how well
comic con went. enjoy.

Old August 5th 07, 05:06 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

On Sat, 04 Aug 2007 23:23:46 -0700, barefoot
wrote:

[...]

Wow; I'd not want her autograph either and I feel like writing her a
ltter to say I didn't know of her before this incident but now I do
and I don't like her... and I'll be sure to continue telling people
about your experience. I am sure she'll win many new hearts (insert
sarcastic smiley here).

Old August 5th 07, 05:34 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
doc

Guess I'm glad I am already a Smallville hater. Rosenbaum I would
only want his autograph as the Flash from the Justice Animated series.

Thanks for sharing your stories go. It's been 10 years since I went to
a huge con and I still have plenty of stories to tell about my
experiences at them.

Old August 5th 07, 09:57 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

well, i just thought it was interesting that a complete nobody was
already unhappy about signing autographs and talking to fans...i don't
believe that her episodes have even aired anyway...basically, i think
her character is an attempt to "jump the shark."

Old August 5th 07, 10:47 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
doc

I don't think anybody on the CW/WB is really a great signer to begin
with. Back in the day it was different, but these days most tv shows
actors suck when it comes to autographs. I will say Lost still seems
to be a gold mine for autographs with only one or two folks who don't
sign. I gotta get off my butt and write a few others from there.