Survey Time: Ever lost an autograph?

Old June 11th 04, 12:28 AM
pe2

Default Survey Time: Ever lost an autograph?

Hey all-

ever since Titantic appeared on the NG channel Monday evening, I have been
looking for my Robert Ballard signed IC. I have no idea where it's at.....

Have any of you had this problem????

Happy Hunting (literally)
pe2

Old June 11th 04, 12:44 AM
Gummby3

Sorry, I don't know where your autograph is either. LOL

Yes, I have had that happen. Years ago, before I really got into
collecting, I received two TTM photos from Olivia Newton-John. My friend,
at the time, was a huge fan of her's and gave me the address to try. I kept
the pictures in the envelope that they came in and kept that on my book
case. I really had no idea about signature care back then... Well, the
pictures came up missing one day. I asked my friend, but she denied having
them. I always suspected her though because the photo she had wasn't the
same as either of the two poses that I had, one of them being from her
"Physical" video. I wish that I still had them though...

--

Mike
Gummby3

~~ Star Collector ~~
www.star-collector.net

"pe2" wrote in message
Hey all-

ever since Titantic appeared on the NG channel Monday evening, I have been
looking for my Robert Ballard signed IC. I have no idea where it's at.....

Have any of you had this problem????

Happy Hunting (literally)
pe2

---

Old June 11th 04, 01:58 AM
dahoov2

Yes, I had three that I couldn't account for. I found two of them
e was Declan Mullholland who was the original Jabba the Hutt before
they decided to do CGI. Then they just used him as a reference... he
died and his sig got a little valuable and scarce, so I was pretty
upset.... I looked and looked and about 6 months later, I went
DUH I was removing objects from the wall and had taken down about
50 in frames to put them in binders. I had used Declan's sig, still
in the frame to hold up a Francis Ford Coppola signed softcover Awards
program (so it'd not bend on the stand). I had forgotten I ddi that.

The other was an Eric Walker photo I had put aside for someone who
wanted it, but then changed their mind. Somehow it got wedged between
a cel and a comic I no longer wanted and was thinking of selling on
Ebay; so they were in a box waiting to go to charity or Ebay when I
decided! I never did find that last one.

I am sure you have it somewhere; maybe you slipped two together in a
binder sheet accidentally, wedged it between books to keep it flat, or
traded/sold it and forgotten? Also, look behind your desk and in back
of and under drawers. I found a couple photos had fallen out of my
drawer once and when the drawer came out (to get the cat out who loves
to go in strange places) there they were.

Good luck and let us know if you find it

www.starwarsautographcollecting.com
http://dahoov2.topcities.com
Old June 11th 04, 03:19 AM
JennyG1403

In my infinte wisdom I forgot I had asked my dad to place a few of my
autographs in the safety deposit box for safe-keeping. I completely forgot
about them, so when I was catalogued my autos onto my labtop, I had them
listed on paper, but couldn't find them, so I freaked out. My dad heard me
freaking out, and asked why, so I told him the problem, and he was said,
"aren't those the ones you asked me to put in the safe-deposit box?" DUH!

Jen
Old June 11th 04, 03:46 AM
Mr Black

2 on pennants that i had stored together... I misplaced them in 1992, and
have never seen them since.
A a Shaq rookie auto pennant, and a Montana 49ers auto pennant.
It has killed me every day since i lost them 12 years ago

MrB

Old June 11th 04, 06:54 AM
JoLeReE

Bang Tango.
All signed on their first album
Motley Crue
Shout At The Devil signed by all

Big bummer, it was years ago though, like 86 and 91!

Old June 12th 04, 03:34 PM
pbtalley

Yep. Well over twenty years ago, I was working at a hotel in Williamsburg
when the Rolling Stones were staying there for a few days during one of
their "final" tours. As a room service waiter, I had plenty of contact with
the band (yes Keith Richards does look like death warmed over). On one
delivery, I had the opportunity to chat briefly with Mick Jagger as he
watching a football game on TV. He was very soft spoken and polite....a
genuinely nice guy. I asked if he would sign ny order book and he was kind
enough to do so. A few months later I just couldn't find it. I looked
everywhere possible and if just wasn't there. I refuse to believe that it
was just "lost" and to this day, I chalk it up to a vengeful. soon to be
ex-wife who probably took great pleasure in making confetti out of it.

Old June 12th 04, 04:03 PM
xxxnospamxxx

That's a great story!

Just curious, who are some other celebs you've made contact with through
working at that hotel? If the Stones stayed there it sounds like it was a 4 or
5 star one indeed.

Old June 12th 04, 04:13 PM
dahoov2

Oh man, that's a HUGE one to lose. Sorry about that. Maybe on her
death bed she'll confess....

Old June 12th 04, 04:38 PM
pbtalley

"xxxnospamxxx" wrote in message
That's a great story!

Just curious, who are some other celebs you've made contact with through
working at that hotel? If the Stones stayed there it sounds like it was a

4 or
5 star one indeed.

This was at the time a Hilton. During my tenure there I had contact with
these folks...

The Rolling Stones
Dick Clark (served him Lunch)
Henry Kissinger (served him breakfast)
The Gatlin Brothers (got Larry's autograph in the hotel bar)

While working at another hotel a few years later I missed the chance for
another autograph when a up and coming country performer was staying with
us. He was singing at Busch Gardens, back in the time when his gigs were
fairs and the like. His name...Garth Brooks.

During this time, a great many celebs visiting in the Williamsburg area were
staying at the new Kingsmill resort or at the Williamsburg Inn, otherwise
I'm sure I would have had more opportunities.

Brian